We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gridsplitter-GridColumn-error

Hi I try to add a vertical row in the Syncfusion SampleBrowser app:

I added a column with width 25 and try to 

use GridSplitter to Splitt the cell with the two smilies again.

The problem is, that Grid.Column="1" is not allowed and the error "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Stephan

<Grid Grid.Row="2" Background="LightCoral">

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ColumnDefinition />

<ColumnDefinition Width="25" /> The column I added and want to use for vertical split.

<ColumnDefinition />

</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<input:SfGridSplitter Grid.Column="1"

VerticalAlignment="Stretch" 

ShowsPreview="{Binding ElementName=chk, Path=IsChecked}"/>

Here starts the Path Fill...for the two smilies.

</Grid>

4 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team December 4, 2013 07:38 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

We are able to reproduce the reported problem with SfGridSplitter. We have logged a bug report and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming 2013 volume 4 release. Please Visit our website periodically for updates regarding releases.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vignesh V

SE Stephan Eggenberger December 6, 2013 12:58 PM UTC

Thanks,
Stephan

AD Adam February 8, 2019 07:10 PM UTC

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on the newest version: 16.4.0.42

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 14, 2019 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We have checked your query “Index out of range exception was thrown while running application when using SfGridSplitter” in WinRT platform, but we were unable to reproduce it in our side. And also you have told, you were using 16.4.0.42 version. But we have stopped production on WinRT platform after 14.4.0.20 version. Please find the below link for further reference. 

We think you are using SfGridSplitter control of WPF or UWP platform in your application.  We have prepared a simple WPF application based on your requirement in which we have used SfGridSplitter to split the available space horizontally / vertically and arranged the visual elements inside it. Please find the sample for the same from the below location.

If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide more information regarding your requirement or modify the above sample to reproduce the reported issue. It would be more helpful to proceed further and resolve this issues as earlier.  

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon