We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Controlling TabStyle under DockingManager

I would like to use a DockingManager within an MDIClient form to allow the user to customize the layout of controls on that form similar to the WindowFill demo (i.e., no floating windows, but flexible docking, pinning and tabbed groups. I would also like to use the OneNoteStyle tab renderer. Now I know I can assign that object to the TabStyle property of a TabControlAdv. However, I don''t see how to get to the tab control owned by the DockingManager. This is a TabControlAdv, I hope? Thanks, Jay Cincotta

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2004 11:21 PM UTC

Hi Jay, The DockTabControl is derived from the TabControlAdv control and hence the tabs can be displayed in OneNoteRenderer TabStyle. You could do this as shown in the code below : Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost dhost = this.panel3.Parent as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost; Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController dhc = dhost.InternalController as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController; if(dhc.ParentController is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabController) { Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabControl docktab = (dhc.ParentController as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabController).TabControl; docktab.TabStyle = typeof( Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer); } Please refer to the sample attached which illustrates the same. Let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SC Scott April 11, 2004 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Guru, I have been evaluating your tools and require more flexibility in formating docking windows tabs. After reading your post above I have implemented the following code in VB.Net: ''Setup custom tabs for docking windows Dim dhost As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost dhost = Me.pnlParents.Parent Dim dhc As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHostController dhc = dhost.InternalController Dim dtc As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabController dtc = dhc.ParentController Dim docktab As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockTabControl docktab = dtc.TabControl Dim dts As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer docktab.TabStyle = dts '' End code However I receive the following error: ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.OneNoteStyleRenderer'' cannot be converted to ''System.Type''. Please excuse my ignorance if I should know how to deal with this issue but I''m new to the .Net world! Best regards, Scott Parkin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2004 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Scott, The OneNoteStyleRender TabStyle value is available in our v2.0 releases only. So if you are using the earlier versions of Essential Suite you will not be able to use this. Please let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SC Scott April 13, 2004 04:31 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Thanks for the reply. I''m actually using your evaluation version of Essential Tools 2.0.4.0 Should this version have that attribute included? Best regards, Scott.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Scott, OneNoteStyleRender TabStyle feature should be available in v2.0.4.0 eval version. I have attached a VB.Net_version of my earlier sample here. Please try this on your system and let me know how if you need further assistance. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SC Scott April 14, 2004 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Guru, Thanks for the sample. I had a syntax error in my VB code. Yours worked a treat. My compliments on your support. Best regards, Scott.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2004 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Scott, Thanks for the update. We are glad that this problem is resolved. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion,Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon