We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add() outputs an error message in console

Hi,
My application runs in command prompt. GridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add() does not throw any exception but outputs an error message into the console window without any reason. Here is the code that we have:

GridSummaryColumnDescriptor throughputSummary = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor("ThroughputSummary", SummaryType.Count, ThroughputColumnName, "{Average:N3} kbps");
GridSummaryRowDescriptor summaryRow = new GridSummaryRowDescriptor("Summary", throughputSummary);
summaryRow.Appearance.AnyCell.CellType = "Header";
grid.TableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add(summaryRow);

SummaryRows.Add outputs below error message into the console window:

catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridSummaryColumnDescriptor.SetCollection(GridSummaryColumnDescriptorCollection parentCollection) in :line 0

catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridSummaryColumnDescriptor.SetParentRow(GridSummaryRowDescriptor row) in :line 0

If there was any error in the code, we should have got an exception. But SummaryRows.Add does not throw any exception and executes fine, but when running in command prompt outputs an error message into console window. This error message should not come. Why this error message is coming? What I should do for the error message to not show in the console window?

3 Replies

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team November 21, 2013 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Ravikumar,

We regret for the delay in replying to your query.

We tried reproducing the issue at our end , but everything seems to work fine in our end. The issue might have occurred due to adding of Summary rows at inappropriate place. I think this might be the cause for the issue.

Kindly, provide us the sample and also please provide the replication procedure in detail for working out the issue . This will help us in resolving the issue at earliest.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

RJ RAVIKUMAR J November 22, 2013 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Athiram,

Thank you for your reply.

We found the actual issue. Issue is with our code. We are using "Average" in the format string and SummaryType is Count. Average is not a valid option for SummaryType.Count.

Also, GridGroupingControl is not throwing the exception, it is just putting the exception message to visual studio output window or console window. If GridGroupingControl had thrown the exception, then we would be aware that something is wrong with our code. Until we observe the output/console window, we were not aware that there is a mistake in our code.

Regards,
Ravikumar

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team December 2, 2013 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Ravikumar,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that the issue is resolved at your end. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this issue.

Regards,
Athiram S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon