We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can't get build manager to do anything

Here are the steps I did to build the debug version of the 11.1.0.21 Syncfusion assemblies:

1.       Installed 11.1.0.21 of Syncfusion.

2.       Installed source code for 11.2.0.21.

3.       Used the Syncfusion dashboard to run the Assembly Manager.

a.       Remove all instances of Syncfusion from the .NET GAC (Global Assembly Cache).

b.      Exited.

4.       Created a SNK (strong name key) file using VS2012.

a.       Run the VS2012 command prompt as administrator.

b.      Changed the current directory to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio”.

c.       Executed the following command to create the SNK file:

sn –k SFDebug.snk

5.       Used the Syncfusion dashboard to run the Build Manager.

a.       Set the Framework version to .NET 4.0.

b.      Made sure the Platform Type was set to “All”

c.       Made sure the Assembly Type was set to “Debug”

d.      Checked the “Use Strong Key” checkbox.

e.      Hit the browse button to find the SFDebug.snk file I created and selected it.

f.  Pressed the “Perform Build”.

At this point it immediately says the build is done, but in fact nothing was done other than creating a log file with the following errors in it.

Date Time : 10/28/2013 3:57:13 PM

Error Details : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\UserAssemblies\11.1.0.21\4.0' because it is being used by another process.

Date Time : 10/28/2013 3:57:13 PM

Error Details : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\Infrastructure\Dashboard\4.0\Productlist.xml'.

How do I get this to work?

3 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 29, 2013 07:27 PM UTC

Hi Steve,

As the query posted in this forum is same as in the incident 114990, we request you to refer the incident for further technical updates.

Regards,
Vadivel N

MK Markus Klassen October 31, 2013 09:01 PM UTC

What is the solution to this problem? I've been trying to get my modified assemblies for hours now ...

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 5, 2013 03:09 AM UTC

Hi Markus Schroeder,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We have checked the reported issue by installing the Essential Studio setup v11.1.0.21 followed by Essential Studio Source Code Add-on setup v11.1.0.21 in a machine. We are unable to reproduce the reported issue with our Build Manager Utility. We suspect that issue occurred may be due to the presence of older version assemblies in GAC. So, could you please make sure that no older version(Ex: v9.4.0.62, v10.4.0.53,..) assemblies present in GAC location?

Please find below the GAC Location for respective frameworks.

For 2.0 and 3.5 Framework assemblies: C:\Windows\assembly\

For 4.0 and 4.5 Framework assemblies: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

If older version assemblies present in GAC locations, then please run the Assembly Manager from the Syncfusion Dashboard to remove all versions assemblies from GAC.

Please refer the following link to know more about Assembly Manager.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/default.htm#!documents/assemblymanager.htm 

Now run the Build Manager Utility from Syncfusion Dashboard. You can also launch the Build Manager from the following location:

{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Essential Studio Version}\Utilities\Build Manager\Buildmanagerwindows.exe

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\Utilities\Build Manager\Buildmanagerwindows.exe

If issue still persists, then please share the below mentioned files from the following location to us. The information provided will be helpful for us to analyze the issue further.

i)Dashboard.xml file from the below location.

{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Essential Studio Version}\Infrastructure\Dashboard\4.0\

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\Infrastructure\Dashboard\4.0\

ii)InstallInfo.xml file from the below location. 

{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Essential Studio Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vadivel N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon