We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Crash in SfDiagram

Hello,

I'm using you diagram and encountered a reproductible crash when I "Tap" on the background of the Diagram. The exception doesn't come directly from the control since it is thrown in VisualTreeHelper.GetParent. When I try to use the same method on the Grid and comment the diagram, it doesn't throw.
We are on Windows 8.1 and use the 11.3.0.32 version. I checked and I do not have the problem on a Windows 8 solution.

System.Exception: Défaillance irrémédiable (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
   at Windows.UI.Xaml.Media.VisualTreeHelper.GetParent(DependencyObject reference)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.Utility.VisualTreeExtensions.FindVisualParent[T](DependencyObject dobj)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.Controls.DragProvider.UpdateHandle(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.Controls.DragProvider.OnManipulationStarting(Object sender, ManipulationStartingRoutedEventArgs e)

"Défaillance Irrémédiable" is a "Catastrophic Failure" in english.
I created and attached a test app.

PS: I'm french, sorry for any mistakes ;)

SyncfusionTests_b3916c52.zip

7 Replies

NF Nicolas FARCET October 29, 2013 09:15 AM UTC

Another bit of information: I tried to retarget your SampleBrowser project to Windows 8.1 and I have a similar crash except that the exception is a AccessViolationException instead of a catastrophic failure.

System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in Syncfusion.SfDiagram.WinRT.DLL
Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

The stack is the same:
Syncfusion.SfDiagram.WinRT.DLL!Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.Utility.VisualTreeExtensions.FindVisualParent(Windows.UI.Xaml.DependencyObject dobj = {unknown}) C#  Syncfusion.SfDiagram.WinRT.DLL!Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.Controls.DragProvider.UpdateHandle(Windows.UI.Xaml.RoutedEventArgs e = {unknown}) C#
Syncfusion.SfDiagram.WinRT.DLL!Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Diagram.Controls.DragProvider.OnManipulationStarting(object sender = {unknown}, Windows.UI.Xaml.Input.ManipulationStartingRoutedEventArgs e = {unknown}) C#

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team October 29, 2013 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for the inconvience caused.

We are able to repredue the reported issue "SfDiagram throws exeception while clicking on background".we are analyzing the root cause of this issue.we will update you with the status of the issue on October 30, 2013(one Business day).

Please let us know if you have any concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team October 31, 2013 03:31 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue "SfDiagram throws exeception while clicking on background", however it seems to be WinRT framework issue (Exception in VisualTreeHelper), but unable to predict the exact root cause or the scenario. However, we have considered this issue as a defect and we have logged an issue report to fix this. This fix will be available in our future WinRT service pack releases.

Please let us if you have any concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

NF Nicolas FARCET October 31, 2013 07:37 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for investigating this bug. I feared that it would not be easily fixed.

I don't think so, but is there any way to disable the DragProvider that launches the exception ? Maybe in a future release ?

MF Matt Fara November 5, 2013 02:59 PM UTC

I'm having the same problem, any workarounds?

ST Stuart Tresadern November 5, 2013 09:59 PM UTC

Hi, 

I have the same issue.
Any update on when it will be fixed ? or a possible workaround. Thanks in advance.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team November 6, 2013 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

Workaround:
To avoid the defect”SfDiagram throws exception while clicking on background”, Please set ManipulationMode of ScrollViewer inside SfDiagram to ‘None’. We have created a simple sample to resolve the reported issue. Please refer to the sample from the attachment.

Note:

This sample is just to avoid the exception. As an effect of this, zooming and panning operation cannot not be performed on SfDiagram with touch gesture.

Defect information:
We have fixed this reported issue by using alternative way to find the Parent of Dependency Object instead of using VisualTreeHelper.GetParent (dobj). This fix will be available in our future WinRT service pack releases.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Ramya

114092_917c9925.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon