We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filled Arcs and Circles

Are there any plans to add support for filled arcs and circles to Essential Diagram? The reason I ask is that the current arc support is for arc lines and there is no tool specifically for circles (as opposed to ellipses). If there are no plans, can you give a very short description of how Essential Diagram can be extended to add the support in an app. In particular I''m interested in the choice between extending a FillShape class or the Arc class.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2004 11:23 AM UTC

A circle tool is a good idea and would be easy to implement. The underlying shape would still be an ellipse, just with a 1:1 aspect ratio. We can either create a CircleTool class or modify the EllipseTool class to allow a key (Ctrl) to be held down in order to get a 1:1 aspect ratio (i.e. a circle). This will be added to the list of future features. To get a filled arc, you can create a Figure and add an arc and a line. There is a Figure class in the product now, but currently there is no way to create a Figure through the UI. You have to create it programatically. We plan to correct that in the next version. You might want to try using the Figure class programatically and try the arc+line approach. >Are there any plans to add support for filled arcs and circles to Essential Diagram? > >The reason I ask is that the current arc support is for arc lines and there is no tool specifically for circles (as opposed to ellipses). > >If there are no plans, can you give a very short description of how Essential Diagram can be extended to add the support in an app. In particular I''m interested in the choice between extending a FillShape class or the Arc class.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon