We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

VS2008 Designer would not Save changes to controls

I am doing some pilot project with Office2007Form and TabControlAdv in Visual Studio 2008/ .NET 3.5. Also using some other Tools controls – texboxes etc. 

Problem is that when I do changes in Designer and click save, it will NOT  save my changes to designer file, but on screen all would look like changes are accepted. But when I close project and open it again, all my work is gone – it is not there.

Also, creating evens methods ( for example select propeties of Office2007Form and Click event, and click there), it would NOT  create method template in source file, but I must add it manyally in constructor, which is pain since I do not know Click method signature . 

Simply, since I added Syncfusion controls, VS2008 IDE Designer does not work properly and work is not sometimes saved into designer file.

1 Reply

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team November 11, 2013 05:02 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Query

Comments

In Office2007Form and TabControlAdv in Visual Studio 2008/ .NET 3.5. Also using some other Tools controls – texboxes etc. 

Problem is that when I do changes in Designer and click save, it will NOT  save my changes to designer file, but on screen all would look like changes are accepted. But when I close project and open it again, all my work is gone – it is not there.

We are afraid to let you know that, we have verified the reported behavior with our sample in mentioned scenario.

And we could find that changes performed in FormDesigner that are reflected in FormDesigner.cs , event can be hooked from designer and changes done in designer seems to be existed once file is closed and reopened.

Could you please check with below video and sample in below location?

Sample Location: VS2008Designer.zip

Video Location: VS2008BehaviorDemo.zip

And if you are still able to reproduce the reported issue, could you please share us a sample with proper details?

That will be helpful for us to analyze and provide prompt solution.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Kannan.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon