We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Guides and Header/Footer area

Hi, first of all thanks for providing ED, it saves us a lot of work with our current project. I have two questions though: 1. Is it possible to add guiding lines to the view/model, i.e. make the margin visible or add further spacing/positioning guides in addition to the standard grid? 2. Along these lines of guides: Is it possible to add fixed/non-editable header/footer areas with some nodes in that would be drawn ghosted or something like that (comparable to the way MS Word displays header/footer when in normal mode)? Thanks for your help Regards Kai Iske DWS Holding & Services

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2004 11:17 AM UTC

1. You can subclass the LayoutGrid and override its Draw() method. If you do, also override View.CreateGrid to instantiate your new type of LayoutGrid. Another alternative is to override the View.Draw method and add whatever sort of guides or other decorations to the view you want. 2. Yes. In the View class, you can override the LeftMargin and TopMargin properties to make them larger than what the rulers take up. You can also turn the rulers off if you need to. Then override View.DrawMargins to draw the margins any way you want to. >Hi, > >first of all thanks for providing ED, it saves us a lot of work with our current project. > >I have two questions though: > >1. Is it possible to add guiding lines to the view/model, i.e. make the margin visible or add further spacing/positioning guides in addition to the standard grid? > >2. Along these lines of guides: Is it possible to add fixed/non-editable header/footer areas with some nodes in that would be drawn ghosted or something like that (comparable to the way MS Word displays header/footer when in normal mode)? > >Thanks for your help > >Regards > >Kai Iske >DWS Holding & Services

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2004 12:01 PM UTC

Thanks for the hints; sounds good to me. I will look into those. Regards Kai Iske >1. You can subclass the LayoutGrid and override its Draw() method. If you do, also override View.CreateGrid to instantiate your new type of LayoutGrid. Another alternative is to override the View.Draw method and add whatever sort of guides or other decorations to the view you want. > >2. Yes. In the View class, you can override the LeftMargin and TopMargin properties to make them larger than what the rulers take up. You can also turn the rulers off if you need to. Then override View.DrawMargins to draw the margins any way you want to. > >>Hi, >> >>first of all thanks for providing ED, it saves us a lot of work with our current project. >> >>I have two questions though: >> >>1. Is it possible to add guiding lines to the view/model, i.e. make the margin visible or add further spacing/positioning guides in addition to the standard grid? >> >>2. Along these lines of guides: Is it possible to add fixed/non-editable header/footer areas with some nodes in that would be drawn ghosted or something like that (comparable to the way MS Word displays header/footer when in normal mode)? >> >>Thanks for your help >> >>Regards >> >>Kai Iske >>DWS Holding & Services

KI Kai Iske March 11, 2004 09:36 AM UTC

Thanks again for the hints, however now I have come to issue 2 and I guess the TopMargin/LeftMargin does not help me a lot. What I want to do is basically this: Set up a page of DIN A4 size and chop off 2cms at the top and 2cms at the bottom of the page effectively reducing the usable page size by 4cms. Now I want to still draw the hole DIN A4 page but within the top/bottom 2cms draw something "static" and prevent the user from dragging nodes into these areas. Thanks for any hint Regards Kai Iske DWS Holding & Services >1. You can subclass the LayoutGrid and override its Draw() method. If you do, also override View.CreateGrid to instantiate your new type of LayoutGrid. Another alternative is to override the View.Draw method and add whatever sort of guides or other decorations to the view you want. > >2. Yes. In the View class, you can override the LeftMargin and TopMargin properties to make them larger than what the rulers take up. You can also turn the rulers off if you need to. Then override View.DrawMargins to draw the margins any way you want to. > >>Hi, >> >>first of all thanks for providing ED, it saves us a lot of work with our current project. >> >>I have two questions though: >> >>1. Is it possible to add guiding lines to the view/model, i.e. make the margin visible or add further spacing/positioning guides in addition to the standard grid? >> >>2. Along these lines of guides: Is it possible to add fixed/non-editable header/footer areas with some nodes in that would be drawn ghosted or something like that (comparable to the way MS Word displays header/footer when in normal mode)? >> >>Thanks for your help >> >>Regards >> >>Kai Iske >>DWS Holding & Services

KI Kai Iske March 16, 2004 03:26 AM UTC

Anyone around?

AH Anthony Hand March 24, 2004 10:56 PM UTC

We have exactly the same need! We''ve intensely studied the product and can''t find a way to make it quite work yet. We''ve reported the issue using DirecTrac. I''m hoping this issue will be solved in the next release.......

KI Kai Iske March 26, 2004 06:03 AM UTC

>We have exactly the same need! We''ve intensely studied the product and can''t find a way to make it quite work yet. We''ve reported the issue using DirecTrac. > >I''m hoping this issue will be solved in the next release....... Anthony, could you possibly keep me updated on this issue with regards to you direct-trac incident? I''d really love to hear from the Syncfusion guys, but it seems none are around in this specific forum. Thanks in advance Regards Kai Iske DWS Holding & Services

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2004 01:18 PM UTC

Hey guys, I am looking into this issue and will update you ASAP. My apologies for the delay. Prakash Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2004 06:16 PM UTC

Kai and Anthony, I spent some time looking into this issue, but there doesn''t appear to be any easy way to implement headers and footers. A header/footer implementation should rightly be a part of the model and more importantly requires pagination support to be built in. But I understand the value of such a feature and have logged this as a high priority request. Though a turnaround time cannot be guaranteed, we will do our best to implement this feature at the earliest possible. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2004 12:39 PM UTC

Hi, Prakash -- Please note my Direct-Trac issues around Printing. There are some very serious limitations currently around printing Diagrams. F For example, let''s say that I want to scale the printing of a Diagram so that it fits within the main region of the printed page (excluding margins). Such is not possible. Another example is that if I try to generate a bitmap of the Diagram, it creates for me something that is a reflection of what the user sees in the window, with the same zoom level and viewable area of the Diagram. This isn''t *supposed* to happen, but it most certainly does. I like the Diagram set of components a lot, but the Printing support is a *seriously* underdeveloped set of functionality. Thanks, Anthony

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2004 08:07 PM UTC

Anthony, Enhancing Essential Diagram''s printing support is something that we definitely intend to focus future development efforts on. I have noted down the ''ScaleToFit'' request and we will look into this when working on the pagination and header/footer support. Far as rendering the contents of a Diagram as an image independent of the viewport, this will be available in a future version of Essential Diagram as well. Prakash

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon