We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Chart

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple column chart.  Using the sample column chart with 4 data points, the width of each bar is a good size, however, when I add more data points to the x-axis to say 20, the bars are a very small width.

Is there a way to specify the width of the bars and have the chart scroll to the right to see more data points if it can't fit?

3 Replies

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team October 7, 2013 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Clark,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and you can achieve your requirement by using ZoomFactor property of Primary Axis with ZoomPanBehavior as shown in the given below code snippet.

Code Snippet [Xaml]:

<syncfusion:SfChart.Behaviors>

<syncfusion:ChartZoomPanBehavior />

</syncfusion:SfChart.Behaviors>

<syncfusion:SfChart.PrimaryAxis>

<syncfusion:CategoryAxis Interval="1" ZoomFactor="0.20" />

</syncfusion:SfChart.PrimaryAxis>

We have prepared the sample based on your requirement. Please download the sample from the below location.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
M. Sheik

WP_ColumnChart_2cfd2aa7.zip

CL Clark October 7, 2013 11:41 PM UTC

Hey Sheik,

Awesome!  That worked great. 

I did try the documentation first at http://help.syncfusion.com/wp8 but did not find this option there.

Is this the right place for documentation?

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team October 10, 2013 04:08 AM UTC

Hi Clark,

Thanks for your update.

As of now we do not have the documentation for SfChart WindowsPhone. However we will include the documentation for SfChart WindowsPhone in our upcoming releases. We are using the same API’s (Name and Type) in WinRT,WPF,Silverlight and WindowsPhone platforms. Hence you can refer the SfChart WinRT documentation for further reference.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
M. Sheik

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon