We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CommandBar Null Exception

I added a CommandBarController. Then within the properties window, opened up the CommandBars collection dialog. I clicked Add (to add a command bar). I get a Null Exception. Why am I getting a Null Exception? Where can I find documentation that describes how to use this functionality? Thanks.

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team September 26, 2002 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Dave, You're approach is correct and you should be able to add CommandBars through the CommandBarController.CommandBars collection editor. Are you able to add/remove CommandBars through the AddCommandBar/RemoveCommandBar verbs implemented by the CommandBarController? Are you running the evaluation version of Tools? Try opening up the CommandBars sample and try adding additional CommandBars and see how that turns out. The CommandBar framework should be directly used only when you intend to use the standard Windows Forms menus/toolbars. When using the Essential Tools XP Menus/Toolbars, the CommandBars are never accessed directly and are manipulated only through the XPMenus' interface. The Essential Tools User's Guide and Class Reference documentation should provide more information on the CommandBar classes. The following link in the Essential Tools knowledge base should also throw some light on the CommandBars - http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Tools/Tools_c34c.asp. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon