We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

CommandBar Null Exception

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

1137 Sep 26,2002 02:11 AM UTC Sep 26,2002 04:36 PM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
David Katauskas
Asked On September 26, 2002 02:11 AM UTC

I added a CommandBarController. Then within the properties window, opened up the CommandBars collection dialog. I clicked Add (to add a command bar). I get a Null Exception. Why am I getting a Null Exception? Where can I find documentation that describes how to use this functionality? Thanks.

Prakash S [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 26, 2002 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Dave, You're approach is correct and you should be able to add CommandBars through the CommandBarController.CommandBars collection editor. Are you able to add/remove CommandBars through the AddCommandBar/RemoveCommandBar verbs implemented by the CommandBarController? Are you running the evaluation version of Tools? Try opening up the CommandBars sample and try adding additional CommandBars and see how that turns out. The CommandBar framework should be directly used only when you intend to use the standard Windows Forms menus/toolbars. When using the Essential Tools XP Menus/Toolbars, the CommandBars are never accessed directly and are manipulated only through the XPMenus' interface. The Essential Tools User's Guide and Class Reference documentation should provide more information on the CommandBar classes. The following link in the Essential Tools knowledge base should also throw some light on the CommandBars - http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Tools/Tools_c34c.asp. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;