We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Data Grid with text wrapping column property out of the box ?

My current project needs to show a whole bunch of notes in a data grid, but I'm having great difficulty finding a WPF grid that does what I am after.  The grid also shows date of note being taken, a reminder date field, etc.  I need to be able to show the data (read only) with each row having a different height - ie. the "Note" column needs to have TextWrapping and adjust the row should adjust to the height of the "Note" column. 

I also want to be able to enter a new note (in the last row) which should allow for the Enter key to start a new line, and of course the row height needs to expand for the row where the note is being entered.

I've tried various "DataTemplate" but with no luck .. the row height would not dynamically change.

Ideally, this needs to be Dot Net 4.0 compatible, which I believe excludes the new SfDataGrid.  If I really need to, I can try and push my client to install Dot Net 4.5 and make use of the SfDataGrid as I notice that the grid's GridTextCoumn does have a property for TextWrapping - but I could not get this to work either.  I also could not find a single example of SfDataGrid with the TextWrapping property being utilized.

Any ideas ... please ??

Gary

1 Reply

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team October 11, 2013 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your queries. Please find the response for your queries below,

Query 1:

As of now we do not have the support to change the RowHeight dynamically based on Cell Text Size. However we have already logged the feature report for this requirement internally. Until that you can use “SfGrid.RowHeight” property to set the row height for DataGrid based on the cell text size.

Query 2:

We glad to inform  you that the SfDataGrid is supported for .Net  framework 4.0

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon