We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Datasource in databound grid....

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

11367 Mar 3,2004 02:13 PM Mar 3,2004 04:30 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Rajesh Venkataraman
Asked On March 3, 2004 02:13 PM

Hi, The Datasource in databound grid is an "Object" type. I have a complex object which has information for displaying nested headers on both rows and columns. Can the databound grid work with such an object ? I appreciate your help Thanks,

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 3, 2004 04:30 PM

The default behavior of the GridDataBoundGrid is to bind to a IListSource and to display simple public properties of the objects in the list as columns in the grid. So, I suspect your complex object will not bind just by setting the DataSource property. You might want to consider using a GridControl in virtual mode. This type of grid can be bound to anything by handling 1 to 4 simple events (the number of required events depends upon the functionality you want).

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;