We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

ReportDataSource

Is there a way to specify the ReportDataSource in the domain service as we like to use a generic report viewer we just pass a report to and the data.

So we build every thing in the domain service and just pass what we need to the Silverlight frontend.

So no manipulation is done at all at the Silverlight side it all done server side!!

4 Replies

DH Darren Hunnter October 3, 2013 03:58 PM UTC

If I reference the Silverlight report dll in my domain service I get the following

Error 2 The Complex Type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Reports.ReportDataSource' already exists in another assembly. Complex Types cannot be defined in multiple assemblies. ReportApp

As I said I like to do the following:

<Invoke()>
    Public Function GetReportDataSource() As ReportDataSource
       Dim r As New ReportDataSource

dostaff()

r.Name = "SalesPerson"
       r.Value = staff

Return r

End Function
Can the Syncfusion.ReportViewer.Silverlight be ref in both project as I like to build the ReportDataSource
 in the domain service and just pass this to the viewer!

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team October 4, 2013 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Darran,

Thanks for your update.

We have prepared Silverlight application to demonstrate the procedure to get Report and Report Datasource from service and input it to ReportViewer. Please find sample in the following location.  

Sample:http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ReportViewerServiceSample-1047048489.zip

Please let us know if the solution helps.

Regards,

Anandakumar S

DH Darren Hunnter October 7, 2013 02:50 PM UTC

The example not quite what I wanted to do I wanted to do it through a domain service not a WCF service.

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team October 8, 2013 05:38 AM UTC

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your update.

We have provided a basic level sample to demonstrate how to get Report and ReportDataSource from Service.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Anandakumar S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon