We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Basic functions for a GridGroupingControl

I try to start working with the GridGroupingControl in ASP.NET but I have not done it work. I use the with AJAX enabled because otherwise it conficts for some reason with the dialog funciton of jqueryui that we use in our page. 

The only thing that I have achieved until now is to display the data on the grid but I can not enable functions like paging and server side selection.

The definition of the GridGoupingControl in our page is as follows:

<Syncfusion:GridGroupingControl ID="GridGroupingControl1" runat="server" AjaxAutoformat="Office2007Silver" EnableCallbacks="true" ShowGroupDropArea="true" EnableAjaxMode="true" EnableAjaxPaging="true">
        <TableDescriptor AllowEdit="true" AllowNew="true">
            <Columns>
                <Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="LanguageID" Name="LanguageID" HeaderText="Language ID"></Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>
                <Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="LanguageCodeShort" Name="LanguageCodeShort" HeaderText="LanguageCodeShort"></Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>
                <Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="LanguageCodeLong" Name="LanguageCodeLong" HeaderText="LanguageCodeLong"></Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>
                <Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="LanguageName" Name="LanguageName" HeaderText="LanguageName"></Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>
                <Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor MappingName="LanguageNameNative" Name="LanguageNameNative" HeaderText="LanguageNameNative"></Syncfusion:GridColumnDescriptor>
            </Columns>
        </TableDescriptor>
    </Syncfusion:GridGroupingControl>

The paging seems to work properly because it displays the number of pages and only the records of the first page but when I try to select a different page nothing happens. 

In the console of the browser the following message appears and I do not know if this is the reason that the grid does not work properly.

Can you give me some gidelines of how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar P Syncfusion Team October 4, 2013 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Manolis,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample, video demonstrating the working of the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following links.

Sample-Ajax Paging.zip

Video- Ajax video.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

P.Sarath Kumar.

SK Sarath Kumar P Syncfusion Team October 4, 2013 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Manolis,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample, video demonstrating the working of the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following links.

Sample-Ajax Paging.zip

Video- Ajax video.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

P.Sarath Kumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon