We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Upgrading from version 1.5.2.0 to 1.6.1.8

Hi, I''m trying to upgrade from syncfusion grid version 1.5.2.0 to version 1.6.1.8. Others in my group have already done this and have successfully taken our existing code, compiled it and everything runs fine. For me however, I''ve upgraded to the 1.6.1.8 version of syncfusion, and when I compile the same code that works for them I get the error "Resource transformation of the resx file has failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." I did try to run the ConvertResX on the files to no avail (same error). My question is what could possibly be on my machine that is causing this problem? I did have a Visual Studio .Net 2002 version that I uninstalled. I also uninstalled/reinstalled my Visual Studio .Net 2003. Can you think of anything else that I can try?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 08:45 PM UTC

Check your GAC (\windows\assembly folder) and make sure there are only 1.6.1.8 versions of the Syncfusion DLLs there. Remove any policy.syncfusion files you see there as well. If you do any changes, try running ConvertResX again. Make sure you are setting the Base version to 1.6.1.8. There is another resx conversion tool (no UI, just a commandline exe) that you can try. It is this exe, C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Migration\ResX\regenresx.exe. Check the readme file in that folder for information. Also, check regenresx.exe.config file. The redirect lines in that file should be something like bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.5.0.0-1.6.1.7" newVersion="1.6.1.8"

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2004 02:34 PM UTC

Yes, thanks so much, that was what the problem was. I had a version 1.5.2.0 in the GAC....had to delete it via dos though because it thought that it was being used by another application (and I know it is not). At least now I can compile without any problems.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon