We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Negative value in currency text box or currency cell type

Im using the currency cell type and the currency text box on our forms and I noticed something thats seemed odd to me. Say you click on a currecy cell that has 1.00 in it and you hit the minus key. That field then becomes negative(this is if the field is all selected). If you move to a negative field and either hit a PLUS(+) sign or try to delete the negative sign it does nothing. The only way to get rid of the negative sign is have the whole field highlighted and start typing a new value which by default will be positive. Is this the way its suppose to work. I would of thought if the whole field was highlighted and I hit the plus sign it would do the same as it does when i hit the minus sign or at least if i swipe just the negative sign of the field and hit delete that it would then become postive by deleting the negative sign??? This is in VB and using a non data bound grid. Thanks Phil

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 04:31 PM UTC

By design, the minus sign toggles the sign of the value. Plus sign does nothing. I will forward an email to the Tools engineer that handles this control to see if this is something he could add, maybe making plus toggle the sign as well.

PB Philip Bishop March 2, 2004 04:47 PM UTC

should i ask this in direct trac so i can keep updated on this then??

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 04:52 PM UTC

Yes. It should be submitted to the Tools support queue.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon