We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

opening grid to new record

Hi, How can I open a child grid to just show a new record? I don''t want to use a rowfilter Thanks

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 07:36 AM UTC

I think you would have to the childGrid.DataSource to an empty DataTable that allows an AddNew. If you are using 2.0.2.1 code, then you should set this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.OptimizeListChangedEvent = true; If you are using 1.6.1.8, then you will have to handle CurrentCellStartEditing, and explicitly add a DataRow to your DataTable at that point.
private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellStartEditing(object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
{
	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
	if(cc.RowIndex == this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowCount)
	{
		DataRow dr = this.dt.NewRow();
		dt.Rows.Add(dr);
	}
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 12:44 PM UTC

Hi, Related to this: I get an error ''there is no row at position 1" when I try to set a rowfilter and the child grid contains no rows that satisfy the filter. Shouldn''t an empty grid just drop down?my code is. : Private Sub phraseGrid1_CurrentCellShowingDropDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs) Handles phraseGrid1.CurrentCellShowingDropDown Dim width As Integer Dim height As Integer Dim dv As DataView Dim dt As DataTable Dim s As String Dim i As Integer Dim cc As GridCurrentCell = Me.phraseGrid1.CurrentCell iPhraseID = phraseGrid1.Model(cc.RowIndex, (cc.ColIndex + 7)).Text dv = Nothing dt = Nothing s = "" i = 0 If (cc.ColIndex = 1) Then Me.correctionGrid3.CurrentCell.EndEdit() Me.correctionGrid3.Binder.EndEdit() Dim bRecords As Boolean bRecords = False Me.correctionGrid3.AllowResizeToFit = False dt = Me.correctionGrid3.DataSource dt.Columns("phrase_id").DefaultValue = Me.phraseGrid1.Model(cc.RowIndex, (cc.ColIndex + 7)).Text dv = dt.DefaultView s = System.String.Format("Phrase_Id = ''{0}''", Me.phraseGrid1.Model(cc.RowIndex, (cc.ColIndex + 7)).Text) dv.RowFilter = s ElseIf (cc.ColIndex = 2) Then Me.elementGrid2.AllowResizeToFit = False dt = Me.elementGrid2.DataSource dv = dt.DefaultView s = System.String.Format("Phrase_Id = ''{0}''", Me.phraseGrid1.Model(cc.RowIndex, (cc.ColIndex + 6)).Text) dv.RowFilter = s End If End Sub >I think you would have to the childGrid.DataSource to an empty DataTable that allows an AddNew. > >If you are using 2.0.2.1 code, then you should set > > this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.OptimizeListChangedEvent = true; > > >If you are using 1.6.1.8, then you will have to handle CurrentCellStartEditing, and explicitly add a DataRow to your DataTable at that point. >
>private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellStartEditing(object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
>{
>	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
>	if(cc.RowIndex == this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.RowCount)
>	{
>		DataRow dr = this.dt.NewRow();
>		dt.Rows.Add(dr);
>	}
>}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 12:46 PM UTC

The error message is ''there is no row at position 0'' rather than ''there is no row at position 1"

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 04:20 PM UTC

To handle this problem, I think you will have to use the this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.OptimizeListChangedEvent = true; setting which requires 2.0.x.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon