We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Whole line in edit mode (multiple edit controls in a grid)

Hello, I am trying to achieve the behavior similar to what you see in many web sites. When you select one row, all the editable columns exibihit theirs controls and you can change all if you want.

What my users want is a behavior similar to this, because this quickly shows the users what is the selected line and what columns they are able to change. 

Currently, if I enable my users to select the whole line. All the cells in the line get highlighted but only the current cell becomes editable.

Then I changed to selection mode to cell and activated the .TableModel.Options.ShowCurrentCellBorderBehavior = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridShowCurrentCellBorder.AlwaysVisible for them to see a border around the cell they are editing.

As the registers in grid keeps growing, the selected line becomes really dificult to see.

Find attached some examples of the behavior I want.

I want some help with which properties should I set and which events should I respond to to get this.

Thanks

editable_dg_977a5b62.zip

1 Reply

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team October 7, 2013 03:55 AM UTC

Hi Felipe,

Sorry for delay in replying.

Please refer to the following forum link for details:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-aspnet/103079

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon