We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

GridDataControl and server-side sorting

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

112547 Sep 27,2013 04:17 PM UTC Oct 18,2013 07:29 PM UTC WPF 1
Tags: GridControl
Filip Fracz
Asked On September 27, 2013 04:17 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm using the GridDataControl to display records downloaded from the server. The grid is in read-only mode, so I don't need to worry about editing. I would like to intercept the sort and filter events on the columns in order to issue appropriate queries to the server which will in turn download new data.
What's the best way of doing this? How can I prevent the grid from doing a sort and just update the sort indicator for me?

Gobinath A [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 18, 2013 07:29 PM UTC

Hi Filip Fracz,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have analyzed your query and would you please confirm with us would you like to intercept the sorting/filter options while adding the data in to the data source? if this is your requirement please use following code snippet in your application or else please share more details related to this query with us as this would be helpful for us to provide a solution earlier?

Code snippet[C#]:

void syncgrid_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

this.syncgrid.Model.View.CollectionChanged += new System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler(View_CollectionChanged);

}

void View_CollectionChanged(object sender, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

{

this.syncgrid.AllowSort = false;

this.syncgrid.ShowFilters = false;

}

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Gobinath A

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;