We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error on rendering a grid in a partial view

I'm getting error:
0x800a138f - Microsoft JScript runtime error: Unable to get value of the property 'registerScripts': object is null or undefined

This error happens when I attempt to execute:
<code>
$.get(window.section1, function(data) {
    $("#loginPage").hide();
    $('#pageFlow').append(data);
});
</code>

The HTML of the partial view is displayed, and there is space taken up by the Grid, but the grid is not being displayed. My goal is to be able to display a Grid that has Filtering Enabled through partial views which are rendered using jQuery and some server side code

I am using MVC4, Syncfusion 11.2, and jQuery 2.0.3. A sample of my program is attached.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

AddressQualityMoveUpdate_test_49f1e274.zip

7 Replies

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team September 19, 2013 10:11 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We suspect that the cause of the issue is handlers , style manager and script managers are not added in sample. Please refer to the following steps:

Step # 1 : add handlers in web.config

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="MvcResourceHandler.axd" type="Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared.MvcResourceHandler, Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc, Version=11.3440.0.30, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" validate="false" />

</httpHandlers>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

.  . . .

<handlers>

. . .

<add verb="GET,HEAD" name="MvcResourceHandler" path="MvcResourceHandler.axd" type="Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared.MvcResourceHandler, Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc, Version=11.3440.0.30, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />

</handlers>

</system.webServer>

Step #2 : Add Script Manager and Style Manager in _Layout.cshtml

Style Manager :

@(Html.Syncfusion().StyleManager()

.Register(styleSheets =>

{

styleSheets.Add(ComponentType.Grid);

}))

Script Manager :

@{Html.Syncfusion().ScriptManager().EnableGlobalization().Render();}

Step #3 : For using Jquery higher versions, we need to use Jquery.migrate file

<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.js"></script>

For your convenience, we have  modified the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/113317/AddressQualityMoveUpdate_test-1392409730.zip

Also , we request you to check the following online UG link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/grid/default.htm#!documents/howdoiaddessentialgr1.htm

Please try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Eswari S

DJ David Johnson September 25, 2013 06:47 PM UTC

Hello Eswari,

Thank you for the assistance, that project is working properly now, thank you very much!

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue with another project (attached). This project has been around for a while and I have attempted to add a Grid to it without success. It looks to be the same issue as before, the Grid is there but invisible. I have followed the instructions on the link you gave me, but I'm not able to properly display the Grid. I have also tried to compare the example you passed back to me, and that was also unsuccessful. 

I am attempting to display the Grid on the http://localhost:####/ImportExport/FauxSubmit page. The solution should open directly to that page when started. Could you please take a look at my project and let me know if it works for you and if you can find the issue in it?

UserPortal_small_46f03ec9.zip

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team September 26, 2013 11:19 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your update.

We have modified the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link:

UserPortal_small.zip

Please refer to the following steps in the sample:

Step #1: Assembly version number was wrong in solution file. Please use same version number assemblies in web.config and in solution file.

<ItemGroup>

. . .     // solution file version in 9.104 instead 11.2040

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Core, Version=11.2040.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Grid.Base, Version=11.2040.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Grid.Mvc, Version=11.2440.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Grid.Web, Version=11.2040.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Linq.Base, Version=11.2040.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=11.2040.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc, Version=11.2440.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

<Reference Include="Syncfusion.Tools.Mvc, Version=11.2440.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

</ItemGroup>

Step #2: As suggested already we need to use Jquery migrate file with higher version of Jquery.

Please try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Eswari S

DJ David Johnson September 26, 2013 04:36 PM UTC

That did it! Thank you for figuring that out for me Eswari, you've been extremely helpful! 

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team September 27, 2013 07:34 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your update.

We are happy to hear that you issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you need any other further assistance.

Regards,

Eswari S

PR Prakash Rajan April 8, 2014 10:05 AM UTC

I had a same problem, this resolved it. Thanks

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 19, 2014 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your update.

We are happy to hear that you issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you need any other further assistance.

Regards,
Hariharan J.V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon