We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion controls missing from toolbox

After upgrading to 'Essential Studio 2013 Volume 3 Final Release v11.3.0.30' the Syncfusion controls are missing from my VS2012 toolbox.

I already tried the 'Toolbox installer', that gave no errors but the controls did not came back.

I tried adding the controls manually but I have 3 versions of most controls making it a very tedious task to perform because I can's select multiple controls at once.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Paul

10 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 18, 2013 02:03 AM UTC

Hi  Paul,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please try the below steps and let us know whether it helps you to resolve the reported issue.

i)Navigate to the system registry location mentioned below (Start->Run -> regedit ->Ok) and check whether Syncfusion latest version(11.3.0.30) assemblies were registered.

For 32-bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller

For 64-bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller

ii) If Syncfusion assemblies were registered under the above mentioned location, then please open your project in Visual Studio and Right Click on the Toolbox and choose ‘Reset Toolbox’ option and check.

iii) Still the same issue persists then close Visual Studio 2012 instance, if opened and, please navigate to the below mentioned location and rename the folder ‘ ComponentModelCache’ to some other name and then open your project in Visual Studio and check whether Syncfusion Toolbox controls are available in Visual Studio Toolbox.

{Drive}\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\

Eg: C:\Users\Vadivel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Vadivel N

RG Roberto Guerzoni September 18, 2013 01:40 PM UTC

Unfortunately, I also have the same problem.
In the registry key indicated the componentoi Syncfusion were not present, I proceeded to record them manually and delete the cache folder indicated.
All operations have not given positive results.
To get the updated toolbox in VS2012 I made a recording of components.

Roberto Guerzoni

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 19, 2013 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Roberto Guerzoni,

Could you please share the below mentioned details to us which will be helpful for us to investigate the reported issue better?

i)Essential Studio setup version installed in your machine.

ii)InstallInfo.xml file from the below mentioned location.

{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vadivel N

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 19, 2013 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Roberto Guerzoni,

Could you please share the below mentioned details to us which will be helpful for us to investigate the reported issue better?

i)Essential Studio setup version installed in your machine.

ii)InstallInfo.xml file from the below mentioned location.

{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\

Regards,

Vadivel N

RG Roberto Guerzoni September 20, 2013 07:27 AM UTC

Enclosed is the requested file

Have a nice day

Roberto G.

InstallInfo_6c21fa5f.zip

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 25, 2013 01:26 AM UTC

Hi Roberto Guerzoni,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please confirm that is the reported issue occured with our latest version(11.3.0.30) Essential Studio setup?

Regards,
Vadivel N

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 24, 2013 06:29 PM UTC

Hi Ramin Alirezaee,

Please try the below steps to resolve the reported toolbox issue and let us know if it helps.

i) Ensure that Syncfusion assemblies are installed in GAC and Assemblies folder location mentioned below.

Assemblies Location: 

{Program files folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Assemblies\{.NET Framework}

Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Assemblies\4.5

GAC location:

For 4.5 Assemblies- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

If assemblies does not exist in GAC or Assemblies folder, then please run the 'Assembly Manager' utility from the Dashboard to install the Syncfusion assemblies into the GAC and Assemblies folder.

Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 11.3.0.30->Dashboard->Utilities->Assembly Management.

For more information about the 'Assembly Manager' utility, please refer the below link

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/default.htm#!documents/assemblymanager.htm  

ii)Navigate to the system registry location (Start->Run -> regedit ->Ok) and ensure that below mentioned registry entry exists.

For 32-bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\Packages\{0210A0D1-C4B1-482C-A37A-E5811005418E}\Toolbox

For 64 bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\Packages\{0210A0D1-C4B1-482C-A37A-E5811005418E}\Toolbox

If the above mentioned registry entry not exists, then please make the entry in the system registry location as same as the above mentioned registry entry. Please refer the below screenshot.

iii)Now, run the Syncfusion Toolbox Installer from the dashboard to configure our controls in Visual Studio Toolbox.

Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 11.3.0.30->Dashboard->Utilities->Toolbox Configuration.

Note: If you are using Visual Studio Express Edition, then please refer the following link to know about how to configure our controls in Visual Studio Express Edition.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2328

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Vadivel N

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 28, 2013 04:18 PM UTC

Hi Ramin Alirezaee,

It seems that the reported compilation error has occurred due to our .NET Framework 4.5 version controls were referred to your application which has the Target Framework 4.0. You can resolve this compilation error by configuring our 4.0 Framework controls in Visual Studio 2012 Toolbox and referred to your application.

We would like to inform you that from the v11.3.0.30, we can configure the corresponding .NET Framework Syncfusion controls alone in respective Visual Studio toolbox through Syncfusion Toolbox Installer. For Example: We can configure .NET Framework 4.0 Syncfusion controls in Visual Studio 2010 toolbox alone through our Toolbox Installer. We have removed the options such as configure .NET Framework 4.0 Syncfusion controls in Visual Studio 2012 toolbox in Syncfusion Toolbox Installer from our latest version(11.3.0.30). But, we can configure the .NET Framework 4.0 controls in Visual Studio 2012 by perform the below steps.

i)Ensure that .NET Framework 4.0 Syncfusion controls are installed in below mentioned GAC location. 

GAC Location: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

ii)If .NET Framework 4.0 Syncfusion controls are not installed in GAC, then please run the Assembly Manager from the Syncfusion Dashboard to install the .NET Framework 4.0 Syncfusion assemblies in GAC. Please refer the below link to know about Assembly Manager.

iii)Open the command prompt with an administrator privileges and navigate to the below location.

{ProgramFilesFolder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\

Eg: C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\

iv) Run the 'ToolboxInstallerConsole.exe' with arguments.

/action:reinstall /framework:4.0in4.5 /version:11.3.0.30 /platform:wpf

Please refer the screenshot below

v) Click Ok.

vi) Now, .NET Framework 4.0 Syncfusion Controls will be configured in Visual Studio 2012 Toolbox.

Regards,
Vadivel N

TT Tullio Tesorone November 19, 2013 07:02 AM UTC

Hello,
I have the same problem with 113030.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010.

What should I do?

Also I have some projects that run the version 111021 and I expected to find both sets of controls.

Thanks
Tullio

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 20, 2013 10:36 AM UTC

Hi Tullio,

Please try the below steps to resolve the reported toolbox issue and let us know it this helps you.

i)Ensure that Syncfusion assemblies are installed in GAC and Assemblies folder location mentioned below.

Assemblies Location: 

{Program files folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Assemblies\{Framework Version}

Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Assemblies\4.0

GAC location:

For 4.0 Assemblies- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

ii)If our assemblies does not exist in GAC or Assemblies folder, then please run the 'Assembly Manager' utility from the Dashboard to install the Syncfusion assemblies into the GAC and Assemblies folder.

Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 11.3.0.30->Dashboard->Utilities->Assembly Management.

For more information about the 'Assembly Manager' utility, please refer the below mentioned link.

iii)Run the Toolbox Installer from the Syncfusion Dashboard.

Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio {Version}->Dashboard->Utilities->Toolbox Configuration

Ex: Start->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 11.3.0.30->Dashboard->Utilities->Toolbox Configuration

iii)Navigate to the system registry location mentioned below (Start->Run -> regedit ->Ok) and check whether Syncfusion assemblies(v11.3.0.30/v11.2.0.25) were registered.

For 32-bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller

For 64-bit machine: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller

iv)If Syncfusion assemblies were registered under the above mentioned location, then please open your project in Visual Studio and check.

Note: 

1.Please reset the toolbox if the installed controls are not reflected properly in the Toolbox.

2.If you are using Visual Studio Express Edition, then please refer the following link to know about how to configure our controls in Visual Studio Express Edition.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2328

3. We can configure a single version of Syncfusion controls in Visual Studio Toolbox. We are unable to configure the both version(11.1.0.21 and 11.3.0.30) controls in Visual Studio Toolbox at a time.

Regards,
Vadivel N 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon