We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

adding rows to a databound grid

I have a data bound grid to which I want to add a few rows at the top. The data in the new rows may be the same for several columns so covered cells seem right. I just want to check if I am going down the wrong path here - will I be better off using a unbound grid? I have attached a gif with what I am trying to build. Any advice is appreciated. - I have not tried adding the rows yet - I'm still trying to figure out the rangeinfo classes (any examples of adding rows to a grid using Grid.GridModelInsertRangeOptions?)

4 Replies

AK Andre King September 23, 2002 01:33 PM UTC

sorry, I meant Model.Rows.InsertRange(...) not Grid.GridModelInsertRangeOptions

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2002 11:03 PM UTC

Never mind. I am going to use two grids, one for the header information - I realize what I was asking for was a little crazy: both bound and unbound rows in the same grid. thanks anyway

SH Stefan Hoenig Syncfusion Team September 24, 2002 03:47 PM UTC

I just happened to work on a sample with GridDataBoundGrid yesterday that we will put into our next release. Should be out this week for sure. In this sample I demonstrate mixing the DataBoundGrid with unbound data and also having sevaral row or column headers. Just in case you still want to follow up with your original idea ... I attached a screenshot. Stefan

AK Andre King September 25, 2002 04:40 PM UTC

thanks for the followup, in the mean time I tried a different approach and ran into a different problem - please see my post "text not displaying"

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon