We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Binding ChartStripLine.SegmentStartValue and SegmentEndValue to DateTime instead of a double

Hello, I have an SfChart representing some data, for which the X axis is a DateTime value (say it shows the days from a Monday August 1st to Sunday August 7th). Now, I want to add a strip line from the 3rd (Wednesday) to the 6th (Saturday), but as far as I can tell, I can't bind to DateTimes. Am I doing something wrong? Here's what I have. Thank you.

<chart:ChartStripLine Background="Red"
                        SegmentStartValue="{Binding StartTime}"
                        SegmentEndValue="{Binding EndTime}">
    <chart:ChartStripLine.LabelTemplate>
        <DataTemplate>
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding}" />
        </DataTemplate>
    </chart:ChartStripLine.LabelTemplate>
</chart:ChartStripLine>

1 Reply

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team September 6, 2013 05:40 AM UTC

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query. We would like to inform you that SegmentStartValue and SegmentEndValue properties types are double. So we need to give only double values for these properties. And we have to set IsSegmented property value as true to make ChartStripline segments, visible as per below code snippet.

Code Snippet[XAML]:

<syncfusion:ChartAxis.StripLines>

<syncfusion:ChartStripLine IsSegmented="True" SegmentEndValue="33" SegmentStartValue="15" Start="2" StartFromAxis="False" Width="413"></syncfusion:ChartStripLine>

</syncfusion:ChartAxis.StripLines>

We have prepared a sample based on this. Please find the sample from the following location.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Muneesh Kumar G.

ChartStripline_2911b453.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon