We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Connector types

Hello,

1st question:  I am trying to find a way to add a new connector type.

I would like is similar to bezier but with more of a straight line from head node and slight curve to the tail node.

I want the connector to most like the bezier in that it revolves around the node itself.   I tried the arc and it didn't smoothly transition around the node like in the bezier.

2nd question:  I want to keep the connection of the tail node to the left or right.  It will move depending on it's location to the main node.  (mind map program).

As of right now, the connection will revolve around the whole node.  I prefer it to only move from left or right and not top/bottom.

Hopefully this makes sense.  

Thanks!

Thomas

3 Replies

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team August 29, 2013 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

We have analysed your queries, please find the responses for your queries in below.

Query

Response

1st question:  I am trying to find a way to add a new connector type.

I would like is similar to bezier but with more of a straight line from head node and slight curve to the tail node.

I want the connector to most like the bezier in that it revolves around the node itself.   I tried the arc and it didn't smoothly transition around the node like in the bezier.

Currently we don’t have an option to customize the Bezier Line Connector. The curves in Bezier line connector will be adjusted based on the distance between the headnode and tailnode.

2nd question:  I want to keep the connection of the tail node to the left or right.  It will move depending on it's location to the main node.  (mind map program).

As of right now, the connection will revolve around the whole node.  I prefer it to only move from left or right and not top/bottom.

We can achieve your requirement by make the Port to Port connection. When we make the connection between the Ports, the headend / tailend of the LineConnector will not move while dragging the Node. We have created a simple sample for your reference. In that sample, we have created two nodes and make the port àport connection between those nodes. And when we move the node, we have checked the OffsetX values of those nodes and change the ConnectionHeadPort / ConnectionTailPort based on the position of the HeadNode of that LineConnector.  For more information, please refer the attached sample and video.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

LineConnectorDirection_14e312ec.zip

TB Thomas Belknap August 29, 2013 09:12 PM UTC

Thank you.

Is there a way to create a new connector type?

Thanks,

Thomas

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team September 3, 2013 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Currently, we don’t have an option to create the custom LineConnector. However, we have added your requirement “Support to add the Custom LineConnector in SymbolPalette” to our features database.

Feature Description : We can add the Custom LineConnector in SymbolPalette and can drag and drop that custom LineConnector to diagram page.  

For the feature updates, please visit our website periodically.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon