We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing GridDataBoundGrid Cell DataSource at runtime

I was wondering if anyone could help me change the value of a cell''s datasource, in a GridDataboundGrid, at runtime. I would like to use a default datasouce for the column, but be able to change the datasource if the user checks a box in a column in the same row. I have tried the following, but it does not work: private void gdbServer_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) { int row = e.RowIndex; int col = e.ColIndex; if ( col == 2 && row > 0 ) { string sPass = this.gridDataBoundGrid[ row, 3 ].CellValue.ToString(); if ( sPass == "N" ) { e.Style.DataSource = this.dataViewA; } if ( sPass == "Y" ) { e.Style.DataSource = this.dataViewB; } } }

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2004 04:18 PM UTC

Try using the grid.Model.QueryCellInfo event instead of the grid.PrepareViewStyleInfo event. If that does not work for you, you can use the grid.CurrentCellShwoingDropDown event as discussed in this KB, http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=567

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2004 05:41 PM UTC

Thanks, the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event worked for me. Here is how I did it, in case anyone else is curious. private void gdbServer_CurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gdbServer.CurrentCell; int row = cc.RowIndex; int col = cc.ColIndex; if( col == 2 ) { GridComboBoxCellRenderer cr = cc.Renderer as GridComboBoxCellRenderer; if( cr != null ) { string sPass = this.gridDataBoundGrid[ row, 3 ].CellValue.ToString(); if ( sPass == "N" ) { ((GridComboBoxListBoxPart)cr.ListBoxPart).DataSource = this.dataViewA; } if ( sPass == "Y" ) { ((GridComboBoxListBoxPart)cr.ListBoxPart).DataSource = this.dataViewB; } } } }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon