We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Reading hidden columns values

Hi
I have GridGroupingControl1 in my ASP page. It has a few hidden columns. I need to access those hidden columns value for the selected row while I click on context menu attached to that row.
I tried following but it doesn't have hidden columns. It contains only visible column data. 

rec = GridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentRecord;
rec[ColName].ToString();

fyi, I made column hidden as below

GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove(ColName);

Pl advise

1 Reply

SS Satheeskumar S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2013 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Jeetendra,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We glad to inform you that your requirement can be achieved. We have prepared the simple sample using your code snippet to achieve your requirement. In our end there is no problem in getting the hidden column value.

Please refer the below code snippet.

[CS]

//Context menu Click Event

protected bool Menu1_ItemSelect(object oSender, MenuCommandEventArgs e) {

…           

Record rec = this.GridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentRecord;

string cityname = rec[ColName].ToString();

//here we got the hidden column value

return false;

}

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){

ColName = "City";

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove(ColName);       

}

For your convenience we have attached the simple sample. Could you please try the sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If we misunderstood your requirement, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Satheeskumar S

WebApplication6_5bb11365.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon