We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Color picker thumb position

Hello,

I'm using the color picker control, and I seem to have a problem with setting the selected colour. If I set the selected color to the ARGB value (255, 173, 18, 15) in XAML using:

<Media:SfColorPicker SelectedColor="#FFAD0F12" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="305,30,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="225" Width="329"/>

the position of the selected color thumb appears to be in the wrong place. It's at the left of the color window when it should be at the right. This also happens when I set the selected colour programmatically. However, it  doesn't happen with all colours, some seem OK.

I may be doing something stupid, but I don't know what. Thanks for any advice.

15 Replies

RF Robert Fairlie August 23, 2013 07:02 AM UTC

Hello,

I've attached an image showing the problem. On the left it shows the position of the thumb when I set the selected colour to (173, 15, 18) (a shade of deep red) programmatically or in XAML. On the right it shows the situation when I try to drag the thumb manually to the that colour value. The closest I could get manually was (173, 16, 19), but it can be seen that although the colour RGB values are almost identical the thumb is in two very different positions and the colours inside the thumb are very different. If I set the colour (173, 15, 18) in PaintShop Pro I get the colour under the thumb on the right of my images.

Robert Fairlie

ColourThumb_36b41216.zip

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team August 23, 2013 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We are unable to reproduce the issue 'SelectedColor Thumb appears in wrong position' . We tried to reproduce with the provided snippet but the SelectedColor Thumb position appears at proper position,(i.e. at Right of the color window).

Please find the attached sample in below link, in which we tried to reproduce the issue.

Please update us the version you are using and modify the sample to reproduce the reported problem. So that it will be helpful for us to provide you accurate solution.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vignesh V

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team August 23, 2013 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We are unable to reproduce the issue 'SelectedColor Thumb appears in wrong position' . We tried to reproduce with the provided snippet but the SelectedColor Thumb position appears at proper position,(i.e. at Right of the color window).

Please find the attached sample in below link, in which we tried to reproduce the issue.

Please update us the version you are using and modify the sample to reproduce the reported problem. So that it will be helpful for us to provide you accurate solution.

Regards,
Vignesh V

RF Robert Fairlie August 23, 2013 12:21 PM UTC

Hello,

It looks like its due to the fact that I was manually setting a width and height (see my original XAML). I've attached a modified version of your sample which now shows what I'm seeing.

Are there limitations of some sort on the width/height?

Robert

ColorPicker_Modified_d1f9e49e.zip

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team August 28, 2013 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. 

We are able reproduce the issue 'Selectedcolor thumb appears in wrong position while setting height and width' in SfColorPicker control. We have logged a bug report and fix for this issue will be available in our next Service Pack release which is scheduled at the end of September 2013.

Regards,

Vignesh V

RF Robert Fairlie September 24, 2013 01:16 PM UTC

Hello,

I was wondering if there's any information on whether the update with the fix for this issue is still scheduled to be released by the end of September?

Thanks

Robert Fairlie  

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team September 25, 2013 03:33 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

The Service Pack is scheduled to be released by the end of september as promised. Please visit our website periodically for updates. 

Regards,
Vignesh V

RF Robert Fairlie October 23, 2013 06:02 PM UTC

Hello,

There still appear to be remaining issues with the colour picker. 

1. The colour (0, 0, 0) isn't accessible by dragging the thumb. Red never goes below 31 in the attached demo.

2. (possibly related to 1). The thumb keeps tracking when the mouse goes outside the control window. I have no problem with that, but the colours displayed are sometimes not correct, particularly when the mouse is outside and above the window.

I've attached the demo project updated with the latest assemblies to demonstrate.

Robert Fairlie

ColorPicker_960d6f02.zip

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team October 24, 2013 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Query 1:The colour (0, 0, 0) isn't accessible by dragging the thumb. Red never goes below 31 in the attached demo

We are able to reproduce the reported issue '0,0,0 color is not acquired using selectedcolor thumb'. We have logged a bug report and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming service pack releases.

Query 2: The colours displayed are sometimes not correct, particularly when the mouse is outside and above the window.

Please mention whether you are referring problem is with 'Selectedcolor Thumb' or 'Hue thumb'. At the edge of the window we assign the color which is available at that point hence provide us the color you are mentioning and the snapshot which is displayed wrongly and provide is more information on this issue. So that it will be helpful for us to check and provide you accurate solution.

Regards,

Vignesh V

RF Robert Fairlie October 24, 2013 08:39 PM UTC

Hi,

For the second point, I'm referring to the selected colour thumb. I've attached a very short movie file showing what I mean.

Regards,

Robert

ColorPickerMovie_b5bf5aec.zip

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team October 25, 2013 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue 'ColorPicker shows wrong colors while dragging mouse outside control window'. We have logged a bug report on the reported problem and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming Service Pack release.

Regards,
Vignesh V

RF Robert Fairlie November 17, 2013 02:15 PM UTC

Hi,

Do you have any information on when the service pack with a fix for this issue will be available?

Thanks,

Robert Fairlie

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team November 20, 2013 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We have fixed the issue 'wrong color display when the mouse is outside the window' and We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio WinRT service pack release is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/winrt/114433/Syncfusion-Essential-Studio-for-WinRT-%28XAML%29-v113033-%28Service-Pack%29-available-for-download

We appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. 

While fix for the other issue 'colour (0, 0, 0) isn't accessible by dragging the thumb' will be available in our upcoming 2013 volume 4 release.

Regards,
Vignesh V

RF Robert Fairlie November 20, 2013 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh,

Thanks for the update. I've now released my app, so if there's going to be a release fixing both issues before the end of the year, I'll wait until then to update it.

Robert

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team November 22, 2013 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

The fixes will be updated in our upcoming 2013 Volume 4 release which is expected to be out by 1st week of December. Please check our website periodically for release related updates.

Regards,
Vignesh V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon