We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Replacement for Microsoft OWC functionality

Hi,
I am investigating the replacement of our usage of the retired Microsoft OWC with a component with similar functionality. I have looked through the online documentation and I would like to know if the following functionality can be achieved using either the Essential Studio for ASP.NET and/or Essential Studio Javascript controls

Call the grid (BI Grid) webpage passing a parameter of either a MS SQL database table or MS Analysis Services OLAP cube and programmatically bind to that dynamic data source.

If a default view has been previously created and saved in a SQL system table then that saved view is retrieved and the Grid restored back.

Q: Is there inbuilt functionality to restore the Grid or do each of the object drop areas need to be programmed and handled?

If no default views exists, and the user is authorised to create views, then display an empty view of the data with all the drop areas to allow the user to construct their own view of the data. If the user is not authorised to create new views then the Grid drop areas are all disabled and not displayed.

If other views exist in the system table then allow these to be selected from a dropdown list and the Grid restored back.

Switch the displayed view between either the Grid or a Chart based on the Grid.

Thanks,

Paul.

1 Reply

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team August 26, 2013 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Your requirement matches our OLAP Client control in ASP.NET and we would suggest you to kindly refer the following online documentation and online samples which illustrates the same.

Online documentation:  http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/olap%20client/documents/4conceptsandfeatures.htm

Sample: http://bi.syncfusion.com/demos/aspnet/OLAPClient/Serialization/ReportsAsStreamDemo/CS/ReportsAsStreamDemo.aspx

Note: OLAP Client in JavaScript is expected to be available in our next Essential JS main volume release.

Please let us know if you want any further assistance.

Regards,

Prabu S.             

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon