We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to make Syncfusion controls use System Theme.

Hi,

We have an application with several Syncfusion controls like GridDataControl & GroupBar. One of our requirements is make the application follow the System Theme, meaning if the theme is Aero, HighContrast, Classic and etc. the application will follow as well.

We know that Syncfusion has it's theming but we noticed that with it's theming not enabled, the controls would default to Windows 7 or Aero look.

How can I make the Syncfusion controls follow the system theme without using the Syncfusion theme?

Kindly check my attachment. They are screenshots of our app. On the left panel is a GridDataControl.

Themes_d1875e84.zip

5 Replies

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team August 28, 2013 01:09 PM UTC

Hi David,

We have analyzed your query, If you want to use system themes you can use VisualStyle API to change the themes as you want. You can refer the below code snippet.

Codesnippet[C#]:

<syncfusion:GridDataControl Name="syncgrid"

AllowSelection="None"

ListBoxSelectionMode="One"

AutoPopulateColumns="False"

ShowRowHeader="True"  

AllowSort="True"       

AutoPopulateRelations="False"

VisualStyle="Office2007Blue">

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Saravanan.M

CD Clint David September 5, 2013 02:30 AM UTC

Would that mean i still have to add code to check what the current System Theme is? Isn't there a better approach?

SH Shakul Hameed M Syncfusion Team December 5, 2013 11:05 AM UTC

Hi  Clint,

We are sorry about the delay caused,

Please ignore the previous erroneous update. We regret to let you know that currently Syncfusion GridDataControl don’t have a support to follow the System Themes.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,

Thanks,

Shakul Hameed

NJ nobert jurkiewicz replied to Shakul Hameed M March 23, 2017 04:06 PM UTC

Hi  Clint,

We are sorry about the delay caused,

Please ignore the previous erroneous update. We regret to let you know that currently Syncfusion GridDataControl don’t have a support to follow the System Themes.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,

Thanks,

Shakul Hameed

Has this been addressed in later releases?  I'd like my Syncfusion WPF controls (ButtonAdv, SplitButton, TextBoxes etc..) to use the default Windows themes.  This is especially important because these controls have rounded corners and do not match the rest of the controls.  Applying a custom theme to mimic the default Widows theme is not a good workaround.

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team March 24, 2017 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Clint,

We are maintaining own theme for our controls. So, currently our Button controls (ButtonAdv and SplitButtonAdv) and Editor controls (DoubleTextBox, IntegerTextBox, etc.) do not have a support to follow the System Themes.

We are considering you request as feature and currently we do not have plan about this. We will include this in any of our upcoming release.

Regards,
Priyanga B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon