We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ColorEdit in cell does not work if the cellvalue is invalid

Hi, I have a GridDataBoundGrid and a couple of columns of which are of type ColorEdit. If I edit the cell value directly (not by color pallette dropdown) and change the string to something that cannot be converted to a valid color, the cell does accept the value. But then, clicking the dropdown button for the color palette does not work. The same thing happens if I change the column value in the datasource table manually and try to click on the dropdown for the corresponding cell. Is there a workaround for this please? Babu.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2004 08:21 AM UTC

Try handling CurrentCellValidateString, and set e.Cancel = true if the color is not valid.
private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellValidateString(object sender, GridCurrentCellValidateStringEventArgs e)
{
	GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
	if(this.gridDataBoundGrid1[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex].CellType == "ColorEdit")
	{
		string s = e.Text;
		try
		{
			Color c = (Color)TypeDescriptor.GetConverter(typeof(Color)).ConvertFromString(s); 
		}
		catch
		{
			e.Cancel = true;
		}
	}
}

BM Babu Mannaravalappil February 22, 2004 11:47 AM UTC

Thanks Clay. It is really exhilerating to find that here is a forum where all my questions get attended to so very fast and answered with working solutions. Thanks again and keep it up. Babu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon