We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Change NewButton in TabControlExt

Hi there,

I have a TabControlExt something like this and try to change the NewButton:

<syncfusion:TabControlExt x:Name="Items" Margin="2,6,2,2" CloseButtonType="Hide" CloseMode="Delete" EnableLabelEdit="False" IsNewButtonEnabled="True" TabStripPlacement="Top">

<syncfusion:TabControlExt.NewButtonTemplate>
        <ControlTemplate>                     
            <Button Content="New..." caliburn:Message.Attach="NewItem()"/>                              
        </ControlTemplate>
    </syncfusion:TabControlExt.NewButtonTemplate>   

</syncfusion:TabControlExt>

This doesn't work so bad but when I close the TabControl the Button still stays on the screen. Any idea why that happens?

Thanks in advance
Charalampos

4 Replies

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team July 24, 2013 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Charalampos,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We are not able to understand your queries, Could you please explain it with simple sample to us? and it would be better for us to provide you a better solution.

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Regards,
Muthalagu

CK Charalampos Kouris July 24, 2013 05:19 PM UTC

Hi again,

I have a TabControlExt in a WPF window and I've switched on the option IsNewButtonEnabled="True. Now I want to change the appearence/style of the NewTabButton, instead of the default one I want to place a ButtonAdv there (or maybe other wpf control like stack panel etc).

Hope this is more clear.
Charalampos

MM Muthalagu M Syncfusion Team July 29, 2013 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Charalampos,

Thank you for your update.

We have prepared a sample to achieve your requirement and you can download the sample from the attached file.

In this sample, we have modified the NewButtonTemplate as you have required which contains the Stackpanel and Borders. Also we have hooked the NewButtonClick event to add the TabItemExt at runtime.

Please let us know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Muthalagu

TabControlExtSample_85599c5.zip

CK Charalampos Kouris July 29, 2013 10:14 PM UTC

Thanks a lot, that pointed me to the right direction.
Charalampos

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon