We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager drawing woes

Hi, My application uses LoadDockState() to reconstitute the docking manager display when different "workspaces" are loaded. When I load a new workspace, I get excessive amounts of on-screen flicker while the controls contained by the docking manager are moved around to match the new workspace''s settings. Is there any way to tell the docking manager to stop drawing until after the dock state load is complete? Thanks, BRU

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2004 08:08 PM UTC

Hi Bruce, 1. Our docking windows framework is modelled on the VS.NET IDE''s docking windows framework. Even in the VS.NET IDE, when you rearrange the docking windows layout, close that particular instance of VS.NET, and reopen it, you will observe flashes for a short period of time before the new docking windows layout is loaded. I am afraid, these minimal amount of flashes that occur cannot be avoided. 2. Also, the LoadDockState method has to be invoked from within the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler to load a new docking layout at application load time. The NewDockStateEndLoad event is fired at the end of the docking layout initialization. Hence the LoadDockState method gets called within docking layout initialization phase, and hence DockingManager''s drawing and docking layout initialization cannot be done separately. We have incorporated several enhancements in our v2.0 releases to suppress the flashes and keep them to their minimum. We appreciate your feedback on this issue and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon