We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

PDF files larger than necessary

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

110085 Jul 18,2013 12:35 PM UTC Jul 19,2013 09:57 AM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: PDF
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On July 18, 2013 12:35 PM UTC

Greetings,

Using Syncfusion.Pdf.Base v.10.403.0.71

After I produce a Syncfusion PDF file, I open it in Adobe PDF Reader. If I print it to a PDF Print Driver, it is significantly smaller in file size and seemingly the same quality/size.

Here are the Syncfusion PdfDocument properties that I set:

C#

Private Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument doc = new Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument(PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B);

doc.FileStructure.CorssReferenceType = PdfCrossReferenceType.CrossReferenceStream;

doc.ColorSpace = PdfColorSpace.GrayScale;

doc.Form.Flatten = true;

doc.EnableMemoryOptimization = true;

doc.Compression = PdfCompressionLevel.Best;

I've tried every combination of CompressionLevel with no change. I've tried with and without Conformance with a very small change. I've tried with and without ColorSpace with no change. I've tried EnableMemoryOptimization on and off with no change.

Please help. I have to produce millions of PDF's and space is not plentiful.

Thanks

John

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 19, 2013 09:57 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The size of the PDF document is based on the elements it contains like text, image etc. Could you please send us a sample document so that we can check the elements and get back to you with details?

Regards
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;