We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF files larger than necessary

Greetings,

Using Syncfusion.Pdf.Base v.10.403.0.71

After I produce a Syncfusion PDF file, I open it in Adobe PDF Reader. If I print it to a PDF Print Driver, it is significantly smaller in file size and seemingly the same quality/size.

Here are the Syncfusion PdfDocument properties that I set:

C#

Private Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument doc = new Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfDocument(PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B);

doc.FileStructure.CorssReferenceType = PdfCrossReferenceType.CrossReferenceStream;

doc.ColorSpace = PdfColorSpace.GrayScale;

doc.Form.Flatten = true;

doc.EnableMemoryOptimization = true;

doc.Compression = PdfCompressionLevel.Best;

I've tried every combination of CompressionLevel with no change. I've tried with and without Conformance with a very small change. I've tried with and without ColorSpace with no change. I've tried EnableMemoryOptimization on and off with no change.

Please help. I have to produce millions of PDF's and space is not plentiful.

Thanks

John

2 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team July 19, 2013 09:57 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The size of the PDF document is based on the elements it contains like text, image etc. Could you please send us a sample document so that we can check the elements and get back to you with details?

Regards
Geetha

WI will November 17, 2022 08:04 AM UTC

The simplest is to re-save your file as a reduced-size PDF. In the latest version of Adobe Acrobat, open the PDF you wish to re-save as a smaller file, choose File, Save as Other, and then Reduced Size PDF.

Regards,

Will

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon