We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

NullReferenceException while LoadDocument in pdfViewer

I have just imported the PDFviewer sample project in my own project.

I have changed the implementation of PageLoaded to load the document from a PdfLoadedDocument loaded before the page have the control.

private void PageLoaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            pdfViewer.LoadDocument(ldoc);
        }

The debugger output tells:
'ddd.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Users\Ben\AppxLayouts\f9cfb21f-0718-49b4-b8e1-4b31bd2bc639VS.Debug_x86.Ben\Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.DLL'
'ddd.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Text.Encoding\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Text.Encoding.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'ddd.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Threading\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Threading.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.DLL
An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.DLL but was not handled in user code.

I have no clue of what could be happening.

I've tested with versions 11.2.0.25 and 11.2.0.29 with no success.
Note: in Sample Browser of version 11.2.0.29 pdf viewer only shows white pages.

Please help.

Regards.

4 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team July 17, 2013 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Castro,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the issue in loading the PdfLoadedDocument into the PdfViewer control before the page has this control. Please create a direct trac incident to follow up the solution to this issue. 

Regarding Sample Browser of version 11.2.0.29 pdf viewer only shows white pages, we are not able to reproduce this issue. We tried with the Sample browser sample and here we have attached a simple sample of our PDF Viewer Control. Please try this sample to reproduce the issue, please do modify this sample to reproduce the issue and send it to us, this would be more helpful for us to continue our investigation.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Suresh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2013 08:37 AM UTC

Hi, here I attach an screenshot of the showcase sample PDFViewer preview showing only white pages.

Regards

whitepages_69a6f493.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 17, 2013 08:47 AM UTC

Hi, here I attach the screen from the project you gave me showing again white pages.
The only thing I have done with your project is build and run, no changes at all.

Is there any way to enable debug mode or dump logs in order to give you more info about what could be happening?

Regards

winte2_d6b4cb76.zip

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team July 19, 2013 04:16 AM UTC

Hi Castro,

Thank you for your response.

We are not able to reproduce the issue “Pages of PDF document are displayed blank”, we suspect this may be due to the assembly conflict, can you please try to uninstall the 11.2.0.25 version and install 11.2.0.29 version. This problem do exist it in 11.2.0.25 version. Can you please create a direct trac incident regarding this and we may have to conduct a web meeting to resolve this issue.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Suresh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon