We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Live updates using named ranges.

Hello,

I'm working on an application that requires live updates using the spreadsheet, this is my current scenario:
  • I'm creating a named range in A1 called "NamedCell"
  • I'm assigning that name in B2 as formula.
  • Using timers, I'm trying to change the value on A1 but the values do not change in B2 ?? .
Attached file contains an example project that reproduces my scenario. Actually, when the value is changed in A1 ( where the named range is declared ) for some reason the formula is not being updated in B2 . 

Could you help me to get a solution about my scenario please?, basically I need to update the named ranges and then the spreadsheet should be updated in all of cells in where the formula references the named range.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Diaz.

WpfApplication1_7eff52c8.zip

8 Replies

PS Pannir Selvam S Syncfusion Team July 15, 2013 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your sample and you can achieve your requirement by setting the value to the grid like in below code snippet.

Code Snippet[C#]:

ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range["A1"].Value = value.ToString();

var grid = spreadSheetControl.GridProperties.ActiveSpreadsheetGrid;

grid.Model[1, 1].CellValue = value.ToString();

We have modified your sample based on this and you can find the sample from the below location.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Pannir

WpfApplication1_4123f1f9.zip

CD Carlos Diaz July 15, 2013 08:53 PM UTC

Thanks for your response, it is working well in case where the NamedRange is declared on the same sheet, how can I have the same behavior when the NamedCell is declared in other sheet ( sheet2 for example ) and the formula is declared on sheet 1?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Diaz.

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team July 16, 2013 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Carlos,

As we have mentioned in the previous update, you can achieve your requirement by setting the cell value to the grid and it should work for cross sheet reference formula also. we have prepared a sample to achieve your requirement and you can find the sample from the below location.

Regards,

M. Saravanan.

FormulaValueChanged_2a5a4da1.zip

CD Carlos Diaz July 16, 2013 08:48 PM UTC

Thanks for your update, not it is working, but ...

I have a little problem trying to use "Increase/Decrease decimals" in a calculated cell, seems like that the command does not working when the cells is calculated using a named range.

In the example that you provided, if you try to increase/decrease decimals in the cell that is changing you can see that does not work.

How can I fix that problem?

Thanks in advance.

CD Carlos Diaz July 23, 2013 01:47 PM UTC

Is there a solution for this ? 

PS Pannir Selvam S Syncfusion Team July 24, 2013 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Carlos,

We are able to reproduce the issue “Increase/Decrease decimals does not working formula values”. We have considered this as a defect in our source. Hence we have created  a new incident (#111067) for this  query and please follow the incident for further updates.

Regards,

Pannir

CD Carlos Diaz August 9, 2013 02:49 PM UTC

I've received the update in the incident report, but I have a problem with your patch, definitely the problem was fixed for projects with Target framework = .NET Framework 4, but in my case, my projects are with Target framework = .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, the client profile .dll was not updated in your patch, could you provide me the patch including the changes for Client Profile as well ? I need Syncfusion.Spreadsheet.WPF.ClientProfile and in your update just was updated Syncfusion.Spreadsheet.WPF

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Diaz.

PS Pannir Selvam S Syncfusion Team August 20, 2013 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Carlos,

We have updated the patch for the ClientProfile assemblies in the incident #111067 and you can get the ClientProfile assemblies from that incident.

Regards,

Pannir

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon