We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Some keywords not highlighting

Wonder if somebody has a workaround for the following: When I add keywords to the editControl "Price" "Price Something" Only "Price" will be show in the associated keyword color. When I add "Something with spaces" this will be shown in the correct associated keyword color. It seems that the short subset keywords are regExpr before the longer keywords. And that seems to influence the regExp on the long keyword. Anybody any tips on it. Or somebody who can confirm this? Regards, Marco

9 Replies

ME Marco Ensing February 20, 2004 12:51 AM UTC

Forgot to mention that the KeyWords are added to the editControl dynamically Marco

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2004 04:33 PM UTC

Hi Marco, Please add the following entries for the Keyword in your configuration file : Keyword=REGEX[\bprice\b] Keyword=REGEX[\bprice something\b] You could use REGEX to specify the keywords in this case. Please try this sample application and let me know if this works for you. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

ME Marco Ensing February 23, 2004 03:56 AM UTC

Hey Guru, Thanks for your time to look into this issue. I looked at your code and did some further testing. If you use the UseSettingStream(), it fails. This has been the only option for me to dynamically add a large amount of keywords. Instead of //this.editControl1.SettingFile = "CPP.INI"; Use: FileStream fs = new FileStream(@"CPP.INI", FileMode.Open); System.IO.StreamReader streamReader = new System.IO.StreamReader(fs); this.editControl1.UseSettingStream(streamReader.BaseStream); edit_keyword_sample_978.zip See attached zip file for MSVStudio 2003

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2004 08:40 PM UTC

Hi Marco, Thanks for the modified sample application. Your sample seems to work fine here in v2.0.2.1. The EditControl''s UseSettingStream method also works fine, and the keywords are highlighted correctly. Please let me know if you are using an older version of Essential Edit (older than v2.0.2.1). Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

ME Marco Ensing February 24, 2004 11:30 PM UTC

It all works Thanks for the version clarification. One way or the other the example got linked with a shipped syncfusion of a product called Deklarit which used version 1.6 The example works o.k. now Regards, Marco

ME Marco Ensing February 25, 2004 01:48 AM UTC

The REGEX[ ] part works in case-sensitve compare but for case-insensitive it seems to fail. Attach is just the cpp.ini file CPP_8782.zip With a large test file I received a lot of MessageBoxes on invalid Reg-expressions. Marco

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2004 10:31 PM UTC

Hi Marco, Thanks for the update. The Keywords in the configuration file, like in most programming languages are not case insensitive (not in CPP either). If you wish to make it case insensitive, then I am afraid, you should specify every possible combination of lower and upper case letters contained in the keyword as a ''Keyword''. We could also consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Edit. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

ME Marco Ensing February 26, 2004 03:46 AM UTC

Final comment on this thread I get a lot of messageBoxes when the Regex fails. Could you just silently direct that to the output console? Marco

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2004 07:42 PM UTC

Hi Marco, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I will forward your suggestion the development team. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon