We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Expand selected node and Scroll a treeview so the selected node is shown

I am setting the selected node of a large tree view. Now I want to have the tree scroll so the node is in view and set selected node is expanded. How can I accomplish this?
Thanks

1 Reply

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team July 29, 2013 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Customer,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion.

To view the selected node in TreeView when page loads, we suggest you to set the EnsureVisibleItem as true in Page_Load method and also set selected as true in which node you want to visible when page loads. The EnsureVisibleItem method is used to ensure that the selected item is visible. After the page is loaded, TreeView root html control will be scrolled automatically and selected item would be visible. Please refer the following code snippet.

<code>

[.cs]

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.TreeView.EnsureVisibleItem(true);      

}

[.aspx]

<syncfusion:TreeView ID="TreeView" runat="server" BorderColor="Gray" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" Height="80px" Width="160px">

<Items>

<syncfusion:TreeViewNode Expanded="true" Text="Node1" Selected="true" >

<syncfusion:TreeViewNode Text="Child Node1">

</syncfusion:TreeViewNode>

</syncfusion:TreeViewNode>

</Items>

</syncfusion:TreeView>

</code>

If you want to know more details about Tree View. Please refer the following link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/tools/default.htm#!documents/nodesvisibility.htm

We have also prepared a simple sample to exhibit the behavior. Please follow the  below link.

TreeView_Expand.zip

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Warm Regards,

Gurunathan A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon