We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager Visibility !??!

I have (N) controls docked inside the docking manager and in some point of execution flow of the applicaiton i want all of the docked windows to become hidden and to hide the docking window that reprsents the explorer like window at all. Is the way of enumeration of controls docked inside is the only way to do it, using SetEnableDocking ? because on the runtime using the controls that are docked inside will be disposed and i want to avoid this situation otherwise i need to store all controls created on runtime in some list or something... thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2004 10:21 AM UTC

Hi, You could hide any docking window using the DockingManager''s SetDockVisibility method as shown below : this.dockingManager1.SetDockVisibility(ctrl, false); Please refer to the sample attached here, which shows how this can be used to hide/show the docking windows at any point in an application. Let me know if this meets your requirements. If not, kindly provide us more information on what you wish to accomplish. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2004 10:42 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the answer, but this doesn''t cover my needs. If i have 10 controls in example docked inside the docking manager and those controls forms and VS explorer style window i want to hide the entire explorer window not a single control from it.Because the controls docked inside the explorer are created in runtime are they are not public fields. >Hi, > >You could hide any docking window using the DockingManager''s SetDockVisibility method as shown below : > >this.dockingManager1.SetDockVisibility(ctrl, false); > >Please refer to the sample attached here, which shows how this can be used to hide/show the docking windows at any point in an application. Let me know if this meets your requirements. If not, kindly provide us more information on what you wish to accomplish. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2004 12:53 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the update. When you iterate through controls in the DockingManager''s Controls list and hide them, it does not really matter whether the controls were created at runtime or designtime. The controls get hidden in either case. Could you please send us a sample specifying which window you wish to hide ? We will suggest you an appropriate method to hide the same. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SS Slim Shady February 19, 2004 03:58 AM UTC

Can you give me an e-mail ? >Hi, > >Thanks for the update. When you iterate through controls in the DockingManager''s Controls list and hide them, it does not really matter whether the controls were created at runtime or designtime. The controls get hidden in either case. Could you please send us a sample specifying which window you wish to hide ? We will suggest you an appropriate method to hide the same. Thanks for your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2004 10:04 AM UTC

Hi, Please open an incident in DirectTrac in this regard, and send your sample application as an attachment there. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon