We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Update grid only every X seconds

I have a grid bound to a BindingList that is updated very frequently (hundreds of times per second).

I would like to display this changes to the user only once per second, not immediately.

I've tried changing UpdateDisplayFrequency to 1000 but doesnt seem to work. As soon as my elements in the BindingList change, the grid updates, ie, hundreds of updates per second.

Is this the correct property?

3 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 7, 2013 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Pedro camilo Amantea,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query:

I would like to display this changes to the user only once per second, not immediately.

To update the Grid the reported property can be used. But please let me know the exact Essential studio version you are currently using.

GridGroupingControl.UpdateDisplayFrequency-Allows specification of how often the display should be updated when a new ListChanged event-handler logic is used.

This property will have no effect if the UseOldListChangedHandler is set to true.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

PC Pedro Camilo Amantea June 7, 2013 11:38 AM UTC

Arun, I'm using version 11.104.0.21.

Even setting this property to 1000, when I insert or remove an item in my binding list it appears/disappears immediately from the grid.

If I add/remove hundreds of times per second, I can see all of them being inserted or removed instantly.

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 11, 2013 03:41 AM UTC

Hi Pedro Camilo Amantea,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query:

If I add/remove hundreds of times per second, I can see all of them being inserted or removed instantly.

Could you please check with the following suggestion. Whether you are setting any timer  setting and managing it to blink. Then please check with the blink speed. And also please check with shipped samples in GridGroupingcontrolàPerformance category to get full details about how to insert and remove the record.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon