We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart Stream

Dear Sir or Madam,
in my current project the SfChart (With a FastLineSeries) is used to plot data. This data comes at a very high rate (in the end each 1ms) and the SfChart gets very fuzzy and slow. Is it possible to use a stream instead of an ObservableCollection so that only the last few points are plotted and the others are ignored?
Thank You

regards
Peter Burkert

3 Replies

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to suggest you that, you can use FastLineBitMap Series for Fast performance instead of FastLine Series as shown in the given code snippet

Code Snippet [Xaml]:

<chart:FastLineBitmapSeries   Label="First" XBindingPath="Date" YBindingPath="Value" LegendIcon="SeriesType" StrokeThickness="2"/>

Also when you set Zooming Factor property of ChartAxis then you can able to see only the last few plotted points as shown in the given code snippet

Code Snippet[Xaml]:

<chart:CategoryAxis LabelFormat="hh:mm:ss" ZoomFactor="0.75" >

We have prepared the sample based on your requirement. Please download it from the given below location.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

M. Sheik

RealTimeUpdateDemo_a293f7.zip

SV Sergio Voitenko July 9, 2013 11:11 AM UTC

How I using FastLineBitmapSeries from the C# code - without XAML - all my charts are generated dynamically and are not using XAML. I can't find any reminder about FastLineBitmapSeries in code documentation

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team July 10, 2013 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your update.

We have analyzed your query and we have prepared the FastLineBitmapSeries realtime update sample in a Code behind(C#). Please download the sample from the given below location.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

M. Sheik

RealTimeUpdateDemo_d2de0180.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon