We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TreeView MVC LoadOnDemand ... AllowEdit, DragAndDrop issue

Good afternoon all,

I'm running a test ASP.NET MVC 4 web project and working with the TreeView control (Essential Studio v11.1.0.21).  I have the control wired up for LoadOnDemand, and the nodes all show up and collapse/expand just great.  I want all nodes to not be editable and allow drag-and-drop.  The the top level nodes behave as expected (not editable, are drag-and-drop capable), but the child nodes don't (remain editable, are not draggable/droppable).  I've looked at the sample source provided in the Studio and found that the LoadOnDemand example exhibits this same behavior.  Is there a property that I'm neglecting to set on the TreeView helper in the view to get the AllowEdit(false) and DragandDrop(true) to propagate to the child nodes?

Lennox

4 Replies

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team May 30, 2013 07:36 AM UTC

http://

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team May 30, 2013 07:38 AM UTC

Hi Lennox McKenzie,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

Unable to drag and drop in onloaddemand is a known issue. It has been fixed already and available in our latest volume release vol2,2013. So, could you please upgrade to our latest version?

Vol2 setup is available for download under the following link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/108998/Essential-Studio-2013-Volume-2-Final-Release-v112025-available-for-download-

kindly let us know if you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Gurunathan A

LM Lennox McKenzie June 3, 2013 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Gurunathan,

I can confirm that the latest version of the tools does correct the drag-and-drop problem.  However, the editing issue still remains.  AllowEdit is set to false, but it's still possible to edit the child nodes.  I see the same behavior in the online example as well.  Is there a fix for this?  Also, there is a significant delay in loading the page with the TreeView.  I've compared the same load on demand functionality using the KendoUI Web TreeView with the same datasource, and the difference is stark (Syncfusion ~26s versus Kendo 900ms).  The only difference between the pages is the tree view control.  Is there a property or configuration option that I can set to improve the performance of the Syncfusion control?

SP Sunil Prabakar C Syncfusion Team June 21, 2013 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Lennox McKenzie,

We regret for inconvenience caused.

We have confirmed that the issue with “Treeview Loadon demand- allowedit issue” is a defect and we have logged a defect report.

Please create a DT incident for your query so that we can update you accordingly.

You can create the DT incident from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/account/dashboard

In the interests of maintaining confidentiality, we have a policy of not sharing proprietary customer specific information in the public Forum.

Kindly let us know, if you have any other queries.

Thanks & Regards

Sunil Prabakar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon