We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Connecting nodes

Hi,
i would like to know how can i connect two nodes after dropping them from the Palette on Diagram grid?
so that if i choose a node a line will appear to connect it with the other node that im choosing next.
an example will be good for me.

PS: i send you an example about my request.

Best Regards,
Hayssam

IMG_0736_ad75013d.rar

3 Replies

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team May 27, 2013 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Hayssam,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to use the DiagramWebControl’s client side method ‘Activate’ to activate the drawing tools like Rectangle, Ellipse, LineConnector, OrthogonalConnector, etc.,. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve your requirement.

Here is the code:

[ASPX]

<asp:ImageButton ID="btnDirected" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Content/NodeImages/icons_11.png" OnClientClick="_sfDiagramWebControl1.Activate('DirectedLineConnectorTool'); return false;"/>

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>

<syncfusion:DiagramWebControl ID="DiagramWebControl1" runat="server" Height="550px"

Width="600px" />

For more information, please visit the below online UG documentation link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/diagram/documents/uidrawingtools.htm

Please try the below attached sample and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

F108973_2b11c95f.zip

HH Hayssam Hassan May 28, 2013 07:55 AM UTC

Hi Amsath Ali. M,
thanks for ur update, i used this solution before, but my
requirement is to draw a link that connect two nodes at run time without extra clicking a Button, the same in the Video what i have send it to you.

Best Regards,
Hayssam

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team June 4, 2013 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Hayssam,

Thanks for your update.

Currently we don’t have support to draw a link that connects two nodes at run time without clicking a button. This has been suspected to be a feature. Please create a DT incident for your query so that we can update the patch for this feature.

You can create the DT incident from the following link.
<
http://www.syncfusion.com/account/dashboard>

In the interests of maintaining confidentiality, we have a policy of not sharing patches or otherwise proprietary customer specific information in the public Forum.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon