We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager save-restore problem

Hello. I’ve got some strange DockingManager behaviour. DockingManagerProblemSample_6182.zip I just save layouts and then restore them two times. Everytime I see different panel position and size on screen. Could you tell me where I was wrong? Thank you. Dmitry

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2004 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, and also for the sample application. I could observe the above mentioned behavior here. I have notified the development team in this regards, and a QA report - #391 has been logged. These are a couple of observations on your code : 1. You should either set the ''Enable on Docking'' property (which in turn calls the DockingManager''s SetEnableDocking method on the control) in the designer or use the DockControl method programmatically. Using both of them is not advisable as it might cause a conflict. The ''Enable on Docking'' property is used to associate a control with the DockingManager at designtime and you could then position the control by dragging it around. The DockControl method is used to position the control programmatically and it also associates a control with the DockingManager. Also, please refer to the following forum post : What is the difference between the DockingManager''s SetEnableDocking method and the DockControl method? available at http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10357 2. The SetDockVisibility method should always be called after the DockControl or SetEnableDocking (or Enable on Docking in the designer) method calls. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon