We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Styling WinRT (XAML) Calendar Control - how to get rid of the border around every cell?

Hi, I've sent a lot of time to style your calendar control but finally gave up. I wanted to achieve something really simple but have no idea how can I do it with your library. I need to have a transparent calendar with arrow buttons to change a month, selected day in red and NO border around cells and calendar.

Briefly speaking I have to make it look exactly like this:

Can you help with with showing a full example how to achieve it? I can live without arrow buttons but I need to get rid of the borders at least...

Thanks,
Lukasz

8 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team May 8, 2013 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the sample to assist your requirement of changing the brush color of highlighted day cell and cell border thickness from the following location,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/CalendarSample-2141598446.zip

In the above sample, we have customized the CalendarDayButton and CalendarView style and defined keys 'AccentBrush', 'CellBorderColor' and 'CellOuterBorderThickness'.

1) AccentBrush : This key can be used to define the brush color of highlighted day cell.
 2) CellBorderColor : This key can be used to define the border color of each cell.
 3) CellOuterBorderThickness : This key can be used to define the outer border thickness of CalendarView containing the cells.

Please let us know whether the sample assists your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

LS Lukasz Szkup May 9, 2013 02:17 AM UTC

Thanks guys! You're awesome :)

LS Lukasz Szkup May 9, 2013 02:24 AM UTC

So just one small thing: how can I style week day names? I need them bigger, coloured in red and have shorter names, for example Monday should be presented just as "M", Tuesday as "Tu", Thursday as "Th".

Thanks,
Lukasz

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team May 9, 2013 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Lukasz,

Please find the sample to achieve your requirement of styling week day names in Calendar control from the following location,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/CalendarSample974571355.zip

In the above sample we have modified the DayNameCellTemplate property with new cell template to customize the week day names.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

LS Lukasz Szkup May 9, 2013 07:32 AM UTC

Thank you very much, works like a charm!!!

AH Ahmad replied to Mageshyadav M August 18, 2014 05:56 PM UTC

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the sample to assist your requirement of changing the brush color of highlighted day cell and cell border thickness from the following location,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/CalendarSample-2141598446.zip

In the above sample, we have customized the CalendarDayButton and CalendarView style and defined keys 'AccentBrush', 'CellBorderColor' and 'CellOuterBorderThickness'.

1) AccentBrush : This key can be used to define the brush color of highlighted day cell.
 2) CellBorderColor : This key can be used to define the border color of each cell.
 3) CellOuterBorderThickness : This key can be used to define the outer border thickness of CalendarView containing the cells.

Please let us know whether the sample assists your requirement.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

I just downloaded this sample and linked back to appropriate DLLs for reference, but the solution won't build. It keeps complaining about calendar not found in ...Controls.Input, Transition not found in Controls etc.

GR Glenn Russell replied to Mageshyadav M March 18, 2018 11:11 PM UTC

Hi Lukasz,

Please find the sample to achieve your requirement of styling week day names in Calendar control from the following location,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/CalendarSample974571355.zip

In the above sample we have modified the DayNameCellTemplate property with new cell template to customize the week day names.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

I would like to be able to create my own icon files.

MS Marimuthu Sivalingam Syncfusion Team March 19, 2018 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for your update.

We have checked your query “I would like to be able to create my own icon files.” and modified the sample to meet your requirement. In this modified sample we have added CellTemplateSelector to add the icon for particular cell based on the cell date. We have return the "Template1" datatemplate which contains icon for date “15” and other dates we have return "default" template. Please download the sample from below.

Sample:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/108693/ze/SfCalendar_Icon-1561984004 

If we have misunderstood your query please get back to us with more details. This would help us to provide solution at earliest.

Regards,
Marimuthu S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon