We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bar vanished in design mode

One of my bars has vanished in design mode. It runs just fine but I cant get it to edit it. I''ve also been playing by moving new bars to the edge of the screen and have easily succeeded in making that toolbar inaccessible too. I''m talking about the XP toolbars with a childbarmanager, and referring to the hovering design mode bars. I''ve tried using sourcesafe''s diff feature to see what happens when i move bars around - yet i cant see anything that indicates where the position of the bar during design mode may be. how can i get my bars back? -simon

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2004 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Simon Which version of Essential Tools are you currently using? 1. Can you try turning off the MainFrameBarManager''s AutoLoadToolbarPositions and AutoPersistCustomizations properties and then running the application. If the menu shows up, turn it on again, if it does not: 2. Can you try deleting any menu state information that may be stored in your Isolated Storage. You can get to it at \Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage\. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2004 05:02 PM UTC

I''m using whatever the latest beta is. I''ll try and delete the isolated data next time this happens, but for now i''ve deleted the bar. I had already turned off the persistence for the main bar due to disappearing bars at runtime. Remember i said that this problem was at runtime, and i dont see how a parent bar''s persistence settings (defined in a completely different form) ought to affect a child''s bar during design mode. Like i said, in this instance, everything was fine during runtime. Note. I did at one point have dual monitors enabled on my laptop so maybe some of these windows diappeared onto the other screen. However during design mode it should never be possile to lose windows. there should be a ''recover'' option to bring the toolbar back. Try dragging a toolbar to the edge of the screen and then recovering it. I''ve managed to lose toolbars like this. I also thought about trying a 3rd party window manager but i did not have time to test that at the time. >Hi Simon > >Which version of Essential Tools are you currently using? > >1. Can you try turning off the MainFrameBarManager''s AutoLoadToolbarPositions and AutoPersistCustomizations properties and then running the application. >If the menu shows up, turn it on again, if it does not: > >2. Can you try deleting any menu state information that may be stored in your Isolated Storage. You can get to it at \Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage\. > >Regards >Arun >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon