We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataBoundGrid issue

I have a DataBoundGrid that is placed on a panel. For some reason when my UI cones up, the grid does not get focus. So the key dwon and kep up events are not recognised till the mouse click is done to explicitly get the focus to the grid Rows. FYI : My rows are read only. I have few hidden colunms in the grid. Any clue why this is happening and what should be done to circumvent this problem?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2004 05:47 AM UTC

Are there other controls on the panel? If so, in the tab order, is the grid the first control? Are their other controls besides the panel on the form? If so, is the panel first in the tab order? Is column 1 or row 1 of the grid hidden? The default behavior is to set cell 1,1 active, and if it is hidden you will not see it. You can try explicitly setting a current cell, but I suspect the problem is some kind of tab order/active control problem that will have to be resolved by some other means. //in form load... grid.ForceCurrentCellMoveTo = true; grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(1,1); You might also try setting this.ActiveControl = grid to see if that affects anything. Here is a sample of a grid in a panel on a form with readonly cells that seems to come up OK for me. Does it for you? WindowsApplication10-1_3118.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon