We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error when click header to sort

I have a datagrid bound to a collection.  Everything is working great, but when I click the header to sort (sorting is enabled in XAML, and I have a reference to the full suite of syncfusion controls) I get this error:

System.NullReferenceException occurred
  HResult=-2147467261
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Syncfusion.Linq.WinRT
  StackTrace:
       at Syncfusion.Linq.QueryableExtensions.GetLambdaWithComplexPropertyNullCheck(IQueryable source, String propertyName, ParameterExpression paramExpression)
  InnerException: 

Any ideas about how to correct?

3 Replies

PS Prakash Selvaraj Syncfusion Team April 10, 2013 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Sorry for this inconvenience caused.

We have analysed your query. We suspect that you are missing the MappingName property in GridColumn or it has not set properly. To enable the sorting, grouping and filtering in DataGrid you must provide the MappingName to the GridColumn. After setting MappingName correctly if this issue still persists at your end then, please provide us a sample with replication procedure. So that we can able to rectify your problem.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Prakash S.

GP Gary Pansino April 10, 2013 11:12 PM UTC

That was exactly it.  Thanks for another excellent example of Syncfusion's great customer service.

PS Prakash Selvaraj Syncfusion Team April 24, 2013 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your feedback, Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Prakash S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon