We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Nested mode of PropertyGrid

How do I disable the nested mode of a particular property, for example a DateTime property, in a propertygrid?

5 Replies

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team April 8, 2013 09:39 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have created sample based on your request which you can be downloaded from the below location.
In this sample, the property 'PropertyExpandMode' is set to 'FlatMode' this will disable the nested mode in the PropertyGrid.

Please let us know if this sample meets your requirment.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

ProperyGridwithDateTimeEdit_76228036.zip

DF David Florant April 19, 2013 07:20 PM UTC

I know that I can set the FlatMode property on my property grid, but what I need is to disable the nested mode on one property in my class.

For example, in this example, I would like to nest the Date1 property in the propertygrid, but not the Date2 property.

CTest
{
    //Enable Nesting
    public DateTime Date1
    {
        get;
        set;
    }

//Disable Nesting
    public DateTime Date2
    {
        get;
        set;
    }
}

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team April 29, 2013 12:24 PM UTC

Hi David,

We have created an incident #107666 under your direct trac account for the reported query. Please follow this incident for further technical updates.
Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

MF Michelle Fowler October 10, 2013 10:28 PM UTC

I need to do this as well. What was the resolution to this request?

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team October 22, 2013 02:03 AM UTC

Hi Michelle,

We have analyzed your requirement for "Nested Mode in for a particular PropertyItems". Since this feature isn’t available in our product, we consider this to be a feature request. It will help us to implement the feature in line with your requirement, if you can confirm some specific details regarding the requirement.

Please review the following description of the feature and let us know if it conforms to your requirement:

In PropertyGrid, PropertyItem should have property 'ExpandMode' which has the value 'FlatMode' or 'NestedMode' depending on this property, 'ExpandMode' will be set to the particular item.

If our definition of this feature is different from your requirement then share the specific details with us—so that we can work towards fulfilling your requirements.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon