We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

CoverFlow or Carousel

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

107838 Mar 19,2013 07:35 PM Mar 21,2013 01:00 AM WinRT 1
Tags: SfCarousel
Dharmendar Kumar
Asked On March 19, 2013 07:35 PM

I had bought WinRT control during Beta and was using CoverFlow in my app. Now when I upgraded to full version, I dont see any reference to CoverFlow in the sample apps. But I do see a new control that looks similar - Carousel. So was the CoverFlow control simply renamed to Carousel? 
NB: The docs at http://help.syncfusion.com/winrt still has CoverFlow (but no Carousel)

Also, earlier I had added reference to "Syncfusion Controls for WinRT XAML" in my project. But now to reduce the app size, I was trying to add reference only to the required assembly:
Syncfusion.SfCarousel.WinRT.dll
Syncfusion.SfShared.WinRT.dll

On doing so I cannot use either CoverFlow nor Carousel. Can someone guide as to the right way to use the CoverFlow/Carousel control?

Thanks

Mageshyadav M [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 21, 2013 01:00 AM

Hi Dharmendar,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Yes we have changed the control name of CoverFlow control to SfCarousel control. Hence you can use SfCarousel control to use the features of CoverFlow control.

Regarding documentation, we will be updating the documentation with details about SfCarousel control.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;