We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CoverFlow or Carousel

I had bought WinRT control during Beta and was using CoverFlow in my app. Now when I upgraded to full version, I dont see any reference to CoverFlow in the sample apps. But I do see a new control that looks similar - Carousel. So was the CoverFlow control simply renamed to Carousel? 
NB: The docs at http://help.syncfusion.com/winrt still has CoverFlow (but no Carousel)

Also, earlier I had added reference to "Syncfusion Controls for WinRT XAML" in my project. But now to reduce the app size, I was trying to add reference only to the required assembly:
Syncfusion.SfCarousel.WinRT.dll
Syncfusion.SfShared.WinRT.dll

On doing so I cannot use either CoverFlow nor Carousel. Can someone guide as to the right way to use the CoverFlow/Carousel control?

Thanks

1 Reply

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 21, 2013 05:00 AM UTC

Hi Dharmendar,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Yes we have changed the control name of CoverFlow control to SfCarousel control. Hence you can use SfCarousel control to use the features of CoverFlow control.

Regarding documentation, we will be updating the documentation with details about SfCarousel control.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon