We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to close Ribbon backstage ?

Hi,
I am using the latest Syncfusion WPF control suite. I have a backstage with multiple tab items. Now, when I am inside a particular tab item of the backstage, how do I close the backstageprogrammatically ? Assume that the Tabitem in the backstage has a button clicking which I want to close the backstage view.

I could not find any good document which talks about WPF backstage features in details.

11 Replies

RD Ravuthasamy D Syncfusion Team March 19, 2013 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Agarwal,

We have created a sample based on your requirement "Close Ribbon BackStage”.In this sample, we have called the HideBackStage method in button click.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Ravuthasamy D

107821_RibbonBackStage_a795e32e.zip

AA Angshuman Agarwal March 19, 2013 10:45 AM UTC

Hi,
This won't help. I want to close / hide the Ribbon from a Ribbon Backstage Item. In your sample, can you please modify the code to close from the Backstage Item1 please ? As I said, I have a backstage item, in which I have a button. 

AA Angshuman Agarwal March 19, 2013 10:48 AM UTC

Basically, for me its not the same code behind. My backstage item is in a different PRISM module. I want to traverse the "myRibbon" object from the backstage

AA Angshuman Agarwal March 19, 2013 05:48 PM UTC

Thanks for the sample code... Traversing is my issue. 

RD Ravuthasamy D Syncfusion Team April 4, 2013 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Agarwal,

Thanks for the update.Please feel free contact if you need any other information.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Ravuthasamy D

JA James November 10, 2016 11:22 AM UTC

Hello, the link to the sample project is broken, can you please fix.

Thanks

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team November 11, 2016 11:19 AM UTC

Hi James, 

Please find the sample in the below link. 

Regards, 
Vinothini.R 

MA Marimuthu April 30, 2018 09:43 AM UTC

Is there any way to close the BackStage from ViewModel. Im following MVVM pattern once the button is clicked i want to close the backstage. Is it possible to do it without breaking MVVM pattern ?

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team May 1, 2018 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Marimuthu

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Yes it is possible to close the Backstage of Ribbon in mvvm pattern. In our sample, we have binded the command for the Button and pass the Ribbon instance through CommandParamater property. The same has been explained in our sample. Please download the sampe from following location:

Samplehttp://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/107821/ze/WpfRibbon_MVVM-1825455489 

Please try this solution and let us know it is helpful.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

MA Marimuthu May 1, 2018 03:42 PM UTC

I have looked at your sample. It works.

Passing Ribbon instance from the command parameter is the only way ? I dont want to refer Ribbon in my viewmodel.
How can i do that ?

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team May 2, 2018 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Marimuthu

Thank you for the update.

To close the Ribbon Backstage, the HideBackstage method only be used and we have not maintained any property for it. For this reason, we ought to fetch the ribbon instance and call the HideBackstage method.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon