We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to close Ribbon backstage ?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

107821 Mar 19,2013 05:32 AM May 2,2018 07:39 AM WPF 11
Tags: Ribbon
Angshuman Agarwal
Asked On March 19, 2013 05:32 AM

Hi,
I am using the latest Syncfusion WPF control suite. I have a backstage with multiple tab items. Now, when I am inside a particular tab item of the backstage, how do I close the backstageprogrammatically ? Assume that the Tabitem in the backstage has a button clicking which I want to close the backstage view.

I could not find any good document which talks about WPF backstage features in details.

Ravuthasamy D [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 19, 2013 05:50 AM

Hi Agarwal,

We have created a sample based on your requirement "Close Ribbon BackStage”.In this sample, we have called the HideBackStage method in button click.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Ravuthasamy D

107821_RibbonBackStage_a795e32e.zip

Angshuman Agarwal
Replied On March 19, 2013 06:45 AM

Hi,
This won't help. I want to close / hide the Ribbon from a Ribbon Backstage Item. In your sample, can you please modify the code to close from the Backstage Item1 please ? As I said, I have a backstage item, in which I have a button. 

Angshuman Agarwal
Replied On March 19, 2013 06:48 AM

Basically, for me its not the same code behind. My backstage item is in a different PRISM module. I want to traverse the "myRibbon" object from the backstage

Angshuman Agarwal
Replied On March 19, 2013 01:48 PM

Thanks for the sample code... Traversing is my issue. 

Ravuthasamy D [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 4, 2013 02:37 AM

Hi Agarwal,

Thanks for the update.Please feel free contact if you need any other information.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Ravuthasamy D

James
Replied On November 10, 2016 06:22 AM

Hello, the link to the sample project is broken, can you please fix.

Thanks

Vinothini [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 11, 2016 06:19 AM

Hi James, 

Please find the sample in the below link. 

Regards, 
Vinothini.R 

Marimuthu
Replied On April 30, 2018 05:43 AM

Is there any way to close the BackStage from ViewModel. Im following MVVM pattern once the button is clicked i want to close the backstage. Is it possible to do it without breaking MVVM pattern ?

Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 1, 2018 12:30 AM

Hi Marimuthu

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Yes it is possible to close the Backstage of Ribbon in mvvm pattern. In our sample, we have binded the command for the Button and pass the Ribbon instance through CommandParamater property. The same has been explained in our sample. Please download the sampe from following location:

Samplehttp://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/107821/ze/WpfRibbon_MVVM-1825455489 

Please try this solution and let us know it is helpful.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Marimuthu
Replied On May 1, 2018 11:42 AM

I have looked at your sample. It works.

Passing Ribbon instance from the command parameter is the only way ? I dont want to refer Ribbon in my viewmodel.
How can i do that ?

Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 2, 2018 07:39 AM

Hi Marimuthu

Thank you for the update.

To close the Ribbon Backstage, the HideBackstage method only be used and we have not maintained any property for it. For this reason, we ought to fetch the ribbon instance and call the HideBackstage method.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;